I haven't told him about here ............

Argh !

Customer Bought a second hand MS Kit of a customer and I madly said I would help and support install

Sent him the new 64 page Build CD. Had loads of calls off him, seems incapable of reading the manual, but that OK helped him along and through ....

Most of the works done anyway - He sounded a "Innit know evereyting dunni Mr m8" ...but still .....

Had a call tonight

6.15 PM

"It don't run"

Brief chat suggested he loaded software on PC, connect to the ECU then ring me to chat through what MT is / is not showing ............

Ring ring

Hi

Yeah got it inni, what do ya wanna know ?

Tell me what the various guages have as values .....

They iz all dead, nuffin.....

Ah !

Could you turn on the ignition ?

Nah

?? Eh ?? what do you mean "Nah" ?? :blink:

Cos i iz in da pub wiv me m8s chillin - friday night innit

:blink:

er, so how can you tell me what the MT Guages are reading then ?

Took a piccie on me iphone dinni m8

We had "A Chat"..............He will phone back on monday............... after 9 and before 4 with laptop connect to car and him to laptop ....

Jeeeeeeeeez its a new one on me !!

I won't suggest this as a help forum ...............

ARGH !

:rofl:

Nige

At times like this you need to ask if he still has the box it came in?

If so tell him to carefully place the kit back in the box and to take it back to the guy he bought it from. He then needs to tell the guy that he has to return it as he is too f*$(ing stupid to own a megasquirt system...... or indeed anything other than a toaster

Sounds like many of our customers. Today my mate had this conversation.

Customer "Can I have some strimmer line please"

Baz "What size sir?"

Customer "I don't know, just strimmer line"

Baz "Is it petrol or electric?"

Customer "Erm, it's a strimmer, oh it's petrol"

Baz "What size strimmer?"

Customer "I don't know"

Baz "Is it a straight shaft or a bent shaft?"

Customer "I don't know, it's a strimmer"

Customer decides to go home and find out what it is, but just as he's leaving says "It curves down at the end"

Baz "So it's a petrol, bent shaft machine. You want 2mm line then."

It wouldn't be so bad, but probably 50% of our customers come in for parts without a clue as to what machine they want them for.

0906.... support line Yes m8 stay on as long as you like, just listen to this recorded info whilst i boil the kettle. and I'm all yours at £6.50 per min.

Works for a certain budget laptop manufacturer beginning with a

He needs Carbs........I have electronics on my truck, its called Lodar :hysterical:

Yesterday I get the usual "I want to drop 10 degrees". (I've never figured where this 10 degrees comes from, but it pops up regular?) What I really need to know is how much heat is generated by his bearing set so I can quote? Poor bloke hasn't a clue, but we'll work though it and get him the best thing for the job. And this is pretty much what I do for a living :)

I must have spent an hour on the phone to another bloke who wasn't even buying off us. I recon the PR from these things is well worth the nobbin' around for future sales.

If you'll put up with this bloke, I feel much happier about buying megasquirt off you, as I know it won't work first time I turn the key, and I'll need to ask daft questions ;)

Took pity and rung him today

MT was spot on but chat showed fuel

pump not priming

further chat revealed he wss carbs and

has changed the top end to hot wire

But still on low pressure pump

He's gon shoppin' innit today ...with hang over it would seem as got home at 3 something....

Sorted

Phoned to say

A : "Its workin' innit m8"

and that I am, apparently

B "A wel wikid dude"

and that my service and support is

C "well Sweet".

so, there yiou go, from the yoof of today I am offically "Kwel"

:rofl:

Nige "Kwel"

(well not actually.......... ferking TIG welding at the mo.................. and am more "Cookin' " :rofl:

feel in need of some nige services today.........log splitter had a lil moment and some 5mm plate got torn apart! guess i need somebody who can knock up something in a lil heavier material, oh say 20mm or so :hysterical: