90" 4 door build

So I have a 110 that has been shortened to 90ish and am going to fit my double cab body onto it.

Has anyone done this? I had a look but couldn't find any info.

I know LR did a defender 100" proto so "how hard can it be!"...Haha, I may have to cut my way in and weld my way out :D

My one is an NZ oddball with a steel rear body so bodywork is easy for me to weld.

Any observations / opinions are very welcome

TD

A thing that might make it a bit more feasible, however not a smaller task, would be to move the front bulkhead as far forward as your chosen tyre size would allow. This of course will mean shortened bonnet, shortened wings and inner wings. But should all be possible. Then you might just get away with it combined with a body lift as mentioned and a seriously weird looking second row door. Perhaps you could even gain a wee bit more room by shortening the front doors as well? Would be an epic amount of bodywork nonetheless, but a cool project it sure is!

My housemate suggest suicide doors for the rear ones ;)

I was thinking the same, a bit like on the modern Mini Clubman, or extended front doors like most 2 door models of vehicles with 4 or 5 seats. The latter brings the problem of seat belt mounting - HD sills (rocksliders and so on) would give a good mounting for the inertia reel and lower belt bracket without the need for a B-pillar, but what do you do about the shoulder mount?

Hi all, sorry for the delay, I have had a busy week with a job to export so no time projects. Anyway, what I was thinking was to bring the wheel arch under the seats and into the foot-well if required. I will lift the seats up a little so the wheel is under as per the rear seats in a 110 county.

I will get some pics this tomorrow and see what I reckon. I will try to post them... but we'll see how that goes.

If I can pull it off the rear will still have a 110 overhang as the chassis was factory 110.

TD

I'm not sure what the point is, then - reducing the break over angle while retaining a poor departure angle seems a little futile. I'd also be a bit wary of all that weight and moment protruding behind a short wheel base - it might be rather prone to oversteer and losing its tail on slippery conditions.

I'm not sure what the point is, then - reducing the break over angle while retaining a poor departure angle seems a little futile. I'd also be a bit wary of all that weight and moment protruding behind a short wheel base - it might be rather prone to oversteer and losing its tail on slippery conditions.

Snagger, Your right, what I did not say was that this is stage 1 of my build and the overhang will be attended to but not at this point.

I measured the chassis and it is 95' not the 90' I had thought.

Pics to come!

TD

Wow... That is amazing :blink:

When have LandRover's production tolerances ever been that precise that they can confidently claim the wheelbase dimension to be 92.9 inches ? :) That is 1/10 ", 2.5mm, 0.100" short of 93" for heavens sake ! The engineer must have had delusions of grandeur.

Yea I was impressed with a 127 I worked on years ago, it was a 110 with a bit welded in and had mig wire hanging on all over the place.

TD