Oppose this campaign

Paul Humphreys

it's just 1 woman how started this, probably wants to stop use of a BOAT near her house, she's not even a genuine local -- moved there 6 years ago, read the profile of the supporter.

I think the bit about home education just about sums it up :ph34r:

I would suggest clicking on the Authors Name - Angela Dethridge on the BBC page, this gives a link to her article "Responsible Use Of Byways". You can read it and leave a comment. I'm not entirely sure that Ms. Dethridge could have got it more wrong !

Mo

I would suggest clicking on the Authors Name - Angela Dethridge on the BBC page, this gives a link to her article "Responsible Use Of Byways". You can read it and leave a comment. I'm not entirely sure that Ms. Dethridge could have got it more wrong !

Mo

Another who has just moved into the area, she states I moved here 5 years ago, so not a genuine local, just someone who hasn't a clue.

I complained to the BBC Network that the article was innaccurate and that the claims made in it unfounded.

This is their reply

Dear BBC Reader,

Further to your complaint about some of the content on a BBC community site

(reference number A271266), we have decided that it does not contravene the

House Rules and are going to leave it on site.

Best wishes,

The BBC Moderation Team

Hmmmmmmmm

Mo

I'm not going to vote because of my loyalty to Land Rovers, but... I work for the a large environmental body. I've seen some of the mess and had to deal with the damage that vehicles straying from byways does. Police cannot provide the resources to prevent these problems, so the only way of preventing further damage is accommodate for the lowest common denominator, which means to ban everyone who is a threat. Put up bollards and prevent access to all vehicles.

We are currently spending a fortune negotiating access through farm tracks / droves that all have paddlocks on, to limit fly tipping and offroader damage.

Sadly, this is the modern policing style since it is more economic. How can you economically single out those that respect the environment to those that don't? You can't. So rule out everyone, then anyone found in the area can be prosocuted. Exactly the same happened with hand guns a decade ago.

Saying that, I still enjoy a trundle down the odd lane, as long as I don't scratch my paintwork. :D

it's just 1 woman how started this, probably wants to stop use of a BOAT near her house, she's not even a genuine local -- moved there 6 years ago, read the profile of the supporter.

Had a problem like this years ago with the shire. Woman had moved down from London to a house in the country. Then wanted the right of way that went by her house closed.

We wanted to run a green lane day there and she really kicked off. This was weeks before the event We went to the local police and they said we were well within our rights to use the lane (btw Hampshire police have been very good in the past about lanes. Had a case near petersfield where a farmer bloked a lane with his truck and satrted taking down our number plates, and shouting at everyone. Then he called the police, to have us all charged. The police came and started to charge him for blocking a highway :lol:) . Also went to the Hampshire county concil who also said we were well within our rights to do so. Also went to glass and all the other bodies. In the end she was kicking up so much we decided to change the route to just keep things peacful. But the locals had knowen the lane was there for years, and they said she sould have a go at her lawer and not everyone else just becasue he did not tell her there was a right of way right out side her house. All the villagerse called her the bloody towny :lol:

I'm not going to vote because of my loyalty to Land Rovers, but... I work for the a large environmental body. I've seen some of the mess and had to deal with the damage that vehicles straying from byways does. Police cannot provide the resources to prevent these problems, so the only way of preventing further damage is accommodate for the lowest common denominator, which means to ban everyone who is a threat. Put up bollards and prevent access to all vehicles.

We are currently spending a fortune negotiating access through farm tracks / droves that all have paddlocks on, to limit fly tipping and offroader damage.

Sadly, this is the modern policing style since it is more economic. How can you economically single out those that respect the environment to those that don't? You can't. So rule out everyone, then anyone found in the area can be prosocuted. Exactly the same happened with hand guns a decade ago.

Saying that, I still enjoy a trundle down the odd lane, as long as I don't scratch my paintwork. :D

I used to enjoy a days Practical Pistol once!

Anyway.

Some years ago Wokinghan District Council cleaned up a lane with hardcore on oneside for walkers and left the otherside for green laning. The lane was between a timber yard and the wood they cut. Within a week a mysterious vehicle had driven halfway down the lane then made a 3 point turn making it inpassable again.

Strangely it had tractor wheels and a back hoe which took out all the new posts marking the lane. The damage was not to acces the timber, just to ruin the lane and blame 4x4 use! :angry:

1 more NO added

I complained to the BBC Network that the article was innaccurate and that the claims made in it unfounded.

This is their reply

Hmmmmmmmm

Mo

I too have lodged complaint (doubt any change tho).

The choice of the title "Responsible use of Byways Campagn" ensures that anyone who opposes the campaign is seen to be supporting the irresponsible use of BOATs!!!!

Must be a future Blair :angry::angry:

160 to 4, but yes its been "Hidden pending moderation". If you read the ones who have voted in support then you will see thay 2 of the supporters are actually opposed to it. So its 162 to 2 :D .

Paul

Sorry to disapoint. this was only temporary whilst they looked at my complaint and not too supprisingly answered:

"Further to your complaint about some of the content on a BBC community site (reference number A271647), we have decided that it does not contravene the House Rules and are going to leave it on site."

apparently it's OK to word things such that opposers look guilty! :angry: