The elusive Bumper mounted spare picture!

Now if it were mounted in the was the 109" Pinkies were I'd consider it not friendly for the road.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4132/4841397687_e14bcb518a_z.jpg

That would surely allow a defender to pass all the modern crash and pedestrian regs why didn't the engineers at land rover think of that......

Ok I'm going now.

Mike

Putting weight right out the front like that's not going to do the overall stability any good.

Heavy things should be kept within the vehicle wheelbase.

Tell that to a great many winch bumper makers for Discoveries, I got a pic somewhere of a 300Tdi disco with what resembles a nose cone :o

Mind you, why put it there unless space in the back was an issue? For sure premature rear door deaths accepted!

Next time Chris stop an ask him why ;)

Thanks Ralf, I think most folk know I'm a little challenged when it comes to grammar... and my phone is plotting against me now too!!!! Hmm on re visiting the meaning of illusive... I actually mean elusive... but people get the gist...

• Like 1

Hope he doesn't mind his numberplate on an open forum! You could have doctored the photo!

I know some object to the number plate being on display but please educate me as I don't understand why. I mean surely the point of a number plate is to display it. Sorry if I'm being thick.

Mike

I know some object to the number plate being on display but please educate me as I don't understand why. I mean surely the point of a number plate is to display it. Sorry if I'm being thick.

Mike

Ive never got it either , if its a cloning thing then they could just as easily spot a similar vehicle when driving about ?

As for the legality of a front mounted spare , if no dangerous projection eg radiused , and no obscuration of obligatory lights thru the required angles of view then don't see a problem