LUKE Towing / recovery eyes

neil3728

I am thinking of fitting some of these to the front and rear of my Land Rover Defender. I only very rarley do any sort of recovery so they would not get a lot of heavy use.

http://www.lrisolutions.co.uk/index.php/land-rover-defender-discovery-4x4-towing-recovcery-eye-tow-loop-strap-orange-90-110.html

What do people think they are more for towing race cars but would they hold up to a recovering a stuck Landy.

I don't want to put a steering guard on my new Puma these seemed a nice alternative.

I'd got for Jate rings, assuming they are avaliable for a Puma chassis, which I assume is the same, but I don't do coilers.

Nothing wrong with Jate rings on the rear, but you must be careful not to put a shackle there where it's going to punch a hole in the bottom of the rail when it pulls tight - seen that happen

I'd got for Jate rings, assuming they are avaliable for a Puma chassis, which I assume is the same, but I don't do coilers.

Nothing wrong with Jate rings on the rear, but you must be careful not to put a shackle there where it's going to punch a hole in the bottom of the rail when it pulls tight - seen that happen

I think the reasoning behind people saying no to jate rings on the back is that on the rear the chassis is not reinforced where the jate ring bolts through, whereas on the front it is

ive got these fitted on the front bumper. seems strong but cir clip now very rusty... main purpose is to fill the holes in the bumper.. :blush:
only issue is cant use striaght bar with them, only time i needed to be recovered was by striaght bar some 10 miles and had to use the standard LR lashing eye and it was fine tho it is sandwiched between chassis and bumper. :)