3 hours ago, Ed Poore said:

:rofl:

If ever there was a red rag to a bull... This is Stephen we're talking about.

I mean….sure why not, but I don’t think the space is there either. RRC rear springs are 170lb and options on length. These will fit in the same space as he has now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, landroversforever said:

In which case someone like Prolinx would be able to rebuild them so the valving/pressures etc match up with the weight of Sid. With the sprung/unspring weight measurements you should get some great results. 

No need for that as yet, was very happy with suspension at Seven Sisters,  just need to improve bump stop to axle clearance, also not going overboard with mods as I still have the 1uz to fit, then I will need to look at stuff in earnest 

Regards Stephen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

Yup, I totally underestimated you, and overestimated the weight. 

If you underestimated does that mean I overestimated :blink:. I knew we'd convince him to fit a lightweight V8 so I might be in with a chance yet...

:stirthepot:

4 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

If you underestimated does that mean I overestimated :blink:. I knew we'd convince him to fit a lightweight V8 so I might be in with a chance yet...

:stirthepot:

You might.....

However the 1uz is not in yet, when it is I will also be minus an aircon pump and an intercooler, so that might take it into @CwazyWabbit weight guess territory......

Watch this space.......lol

Regards Stephen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a bit potter with 1uz engine, started stripping wiring sheaths offand whilst nosing around noticed this

20230925_134208.thumb.jpg.d6b8aafed74e6633b66be2cd21db84fd.jpg

connector in the middle of the gap has a chewed through wire

20230925_135521.thumb.jpg.c737c25bcf47732fb60c2bbc5114fbd8.jpg

inlet manifold holes covered so i could blow debris away 

20230925_134154.thumb.jpg.2e8c17d2b80f10d419d7180acfa56835.jpg

20230925_134538.thumb.jpg.bfc0be6b6654f3ba1670f53da6b2e22a.jpg

mouse or rat feast been going on

20230925_135450.thumb.jpg.6e2476eadf56eabab3bb2ed98b8dabdb.jpg

more blocking of head inlets and then debris cleaned out

20230925_140633.thumb.jpg.edfe0219082f199a11ca291f049c8953.jpg

looking better

20230925_140626.thumb.jpg.93190ffc779e3665a2cb30df8741c045.jpg

regards Stephen 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, elbekko said:

Best to go over all of the wiring and double check it, then :(

That's why I'm stripping the loom, it will make it easier to check and also to remove wires I don't need

Makes me sound like I know what I'm doing............absolutely not, this is scaring the carp out of me...

Regards Stephen

I concur with @Bowie69, I think the only ones you may not need / want in the future are the ones for the aircon pump which is 2. The way the wiring loom is done is that all the engine sensors go in on three of the connectors and the "vehicle" comes out on the fourth connector.

Auxiliary functions like the cruise control etc., are all done through the fourth connector.

Actually you've probably got the gearbox in there as well but I'm just planning to seal it up and keep it out of the way incase I decide I want to go auto later on. Saves having to dismantle the loom and rebuild it.