That's the way to do it - I get through a ton of labels (both improvised and properly printed).

I also use hundreds of "disposable" cable ties to hold things roughly where they need to be while I loom stuff up - I buy 1000 packs of the cheap skinny ones purely for this purpose before finalising it all by working along the loom cutting off the cheap ones and putting proper black (UV proof) ones on properly tensioned & cut flush.

Also also use cheap coloured cable ties (esp. yellow) to temporarily hold stuff that makes it obvious I need to go back & finish it - an un-trimmed bright yellow cable tie is easy to spot on a loom!

• Like 1

Bear in mind what you have there is the fuse box for a very high end car with lots of electrics. The engine itself is pretty self contained as it was fitted to a bunch of cars so Toyota by and large tried to simplify it by having only two connectors to deal with - the big Main Engine Harness connector that provides power etc. to various engine related things and then the fourth connector on the ECU for it's required comms.

Just browsing through the net...

Anyone remember this, I can remember reading this year's ago, this is what got me wanting portals in the first place. Nice reading this again knowing I've finally achieved that dream

https://www.thelandy.co.uk/features/vehicles/a-heavyweight-among-lightweights/

Regards Stephen

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Just browsing through the net...

Anyone remember this, I can remember reading this year's ago, this is what got me wanting portals in the first place. Nice reading this again knowing I've finally achieved that dream

https://www.thelandy.co.uk/features/vehicles/a-heavyweight-among-lightweights/

Regards Stephen

I saw that in Scotland at the Tay forest challenge a few times, winning one year too.

8 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

The article says that the portals were used in another "top class winch vehicle". 

2 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Shame - I can't believe the person that did it built anything better with them either! :angry2:

Saw that one aswell

It was just another trayback 90 with air shocks up front. Nothing special. At the time I dare say it may have been pushing boundaries but this was circa 2010