15 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

So now the thinking and forum assist time, looking to lock the front A to the back A good and tight, I have some ideas in my head but you guys might come up with something better

Maybe a ratchet strap poking through the wheel centre? Seems like less faff than a wingnut.

Looking good! 

My (hopefully last!) suggestion is to replace the left hand sprung bolt wth an over centre catch - the (very nice) suport currently only works in the downwards direction. The whole (63kg was it?)  mass can still "bounce" upwards which will put a hell of a load into the pivot as well as potentially introducing some unwanted dynamic behaviour into the truck.

• Like 1

A wee bit more done, it keeps spitting with rain so I'm reluctant to drag my welder out, maybe tomorrow 

Small stainless Bush made20240805_131518.thumb.jpg.788deeada12bdf9df228a4d38e181d7f.jpg

20240805_140312.thumb.jpg.c72d7377d8c0731ee9e49059df57a3bb.jpg

threading stainless is always a pain

20240805_132637.thumb.jpg.b0ce84669db08f8a25021e93b6dd756d.jpg

Hole countersunk to guide threaded bar in slightly easier 

20240805_140340.thumb.jpg.a4531210b30d9d98cdb7888396d4f655.jpg

you get the idea

20240805_143356.thumb.jpg.7efdf4c944444cebbb94132729edf741.jpg

Flat bar will be shaped to fit the A pipework, threaded bar will have stainless wings put on, just need to determine the correct length

Regards Stephen 

6 hours ago, Daan said:

You should do this for a living.

In this day and age I think it would be very hard to make it pay, everything I do is literally hand made, I don't have water jet,  cnc plasma, mill, lathe etc so every thing takes time and most people want stuff fairly quickly. How do you charge for three hours hand cutting time when a machine can do it in three mins. I know it has been raised a coup!e of times throughout this thread regarding farming out work to save time, time does not really count when your doing it for yourself. To make a living as I am, it would be seen as painfully slow at times

Let's be honest would most people pay three times the cost just because it's been "handmade" probably not and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that

However, from such as yourself who maintains a high standard of work, it's a very nice comp!iment, thank you

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TD5toV8110 said:

Did the rear end sag much with the new addition

Not at all, all the time I've been working on it the other spare 36" wheel was in the back, so the additional weight only amounts to around 20kg  so no real difference

Regards Stephen

• Like 1