Dash centre console panel pre Td5

Would like to request photo's of your dash centre switch/radio panels, if any of you have one of these 

I need to decide on a interior mod of my dash to safely & securely accommodate my new cd/radio unit https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/104622-flip-up-screen-stereocd/

Can't decide on

the Mudstuff panel --  https://www.mudstuff.co.uk/products/mud-stuff/mud-defender-console.html

or

the Bolt on bits RDX panel  -- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RDX-Command-Console-Original-Best-Easy-Fit-Tdi-Td5/231476808374?hash=item35e517cab6:g:8SQAAOSw04ZcbXRH

Make your own Ralph. I did (some pics on here somewhere). Its dead easy and ultimately you can customise completely to your requirements. The afternarket sutions are all overpriced IMO. I bought a MUD centre console and its cracked, the finishing strip constantly falls off, the cupholders dont really hold cups and i found it generally rubbish! 

I would have a go if I could have the time, materials & 110 off the road for a decent time, but as my only vehicle it has to be a weekend fit, I don't want to relocate the 4 gauge pod on top of dash, just a more secure fitting for the new unit, also want my ham radio head to stay where it is & have the fitted car phone in a similar place, I can attach that to the side of a centre panel. 

Keep the ideas coming please. 

Here's mine, Western. Ignore the flecks of mud from when the dogs shake in the back! I bought it a few years ago, was fairly straight forward to fit (had to trim a piece out the bottom dash rail iirc) and has lasted well ever since. I had intended to fit some proper rocker switches for ancillary bits and pieces but you can see how far i got with that exercise...

20190224_085350.jpg

Mudstuff currently fitted to mine by the previous owner. As you can see there has not been much in the way of switches , radio , etc fitted by myself but it does cover a hole that has been butchered in the lower dash panel well. So doing a job of sorts. Must admit i do quite like the raptor engineering one as posted above.

C29AB52E-F9F3-45F1-8AA8-5038B55480AB.jpeg

Cheers guys,

Could I ask for the overall outside measurements of the panel, as they are not on the Mudstuff page. if I can keep my ham radio & fitted carphone in the current places, it may workout ok, just want to see if it'll work before ordering.

Does anyone have the RDX variant fitted ? 

Watching with interest as I can't decide between the two. I'd thought the Raptor in black might be less intrusive but I saw one pic and now I'm not sure. BTW Ralph, Mudstuff have a 10% flash sale until 11pm tomorrow (use spring10)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peaklander said:

Watching with interest as I can't decide between the two. I'd thought the Raptor in black might be less intrusive but I saw one pic and now I'm not sure. BTW Ralph, Mudstuff have a 10% flash sale until 11pm tomorrow (use spring10)

I'm not overly keen on the raptor one either, thanks for the discount info, 

I looked in to this aswel, but found all the injection moulded consoles already have a "pre set" layout of where things go, which didn't appeal to me. I had a Raptor in my old 90, and it was awesome, but just not as "factory" looking a I would like.

So i've decided to build my own....just need to make the sides now and then I can start cutting the dash :D

image_123923953.JPG

image_6483441.JPG

image_6483441 copy.JPG

Thanks for all the info/pictures, I've ordered the Mudstuff panel, had a reply from bolt on bits, their's is just the ABS panel no supporting metal structure behind it, hopefully the new panel will be here tomorrow & might get around to fitting it soon.

will follow your build Toby, looks interesting.

My new Mudstuff panel arrived today, had a test fit of the panel only just to see what I need to relocat, think I can get away with leaving the amatuer radio in its current place, phone cradle can be moved to the side of the new centre panel, the new cd/radio may go in the very top slot or upper part of the lower recess.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

moving on from the above postings I recently decided on a bit of a dash tidy up, replace the cd/radio as it jumped on some cd's & make the dash look a bit more modern, so I bought a Mudstuff centre console, a new cd/radio more here

so a few pics of how it is so far,

3.thumb.jpg.9113af74602ea9b18717ceeb49482e7c.jpg4.thumb.jpg.f9f3dc51f7c1da2e5a80714c65824ae2.jpg5.thumb.jpg.bb006233b5160566f2b23a1f6e162d75.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.7145eb4727385f41fb87e9f71539f137.jpg

also got a new CB unit which has a detachable front panel, to fit this week too.

CB.jpg.b80ead7f6bdb6359d163d44686c4dcfa.jpg