New to me toys

• 1 month later...

Ah but then you'd have probably snuck off with the G. Dufour mill instead then (sitting back corner next to the press). Bigger capacity than the Bridgeport and better suited to your garage because of the lower height :hysterical:. Also has 40 taper tooling so makes the Bridgeport tooling look like toys. Power feed on all axis too.

CdntgyJqlncgV-Jw_ke_a9zeolhxlDumCMwBoVorzpGPggZiAc6BkM7mD7637StU-kz3-UB61EoWx0KTL9WAun0fN2k1a2WOub4TEBlNxUvi-qvHkGbcFSyxZ2P6PW3H7t2rUCMc9MQXkhBZiMkaj5w06fTZ8UBcS6HkU7v7fDegzsm_vDq-SV8OYTgdCqpnNLNd0RTNfzQF4i-RYRyhOY5e1AylMMKKN24qolYpX2qvgr8tJBacfnDEOo3dEif9EETU7nrQCBMhaL1Kq3w4A7X1QU2BhJ1cRqnVBi9tFypIJJcRjoYXa0yZ98X9vDPP-FpTdXg6LeDfUBOjocg_t_2v1Pj2aCcSnKXXw0jjSSyBut6Lgit5vALYy_iq4DwK89afsj5bm2MRyALPCulNgAjBQb_jwVRiRcr5F2lTr9OayDKN85HF_TPT-eePh2v9s6myp-kUapaJbvySRjFHXBC0sJQj2jp9nEAyC89JU_nyoPjbgTpObqmqrei0tg5roDJKPxFj0UfEGkF9gpZMqMwKtGgarr7DXfFWxsQia8qjnV6r_snHO_qNvKAvjsNOck2FJ7if8dvkkklosq8J8Jndaewrlzu-YxhF3CbZAfjgSRrtpYbtt9bupmrg3f246xzENtQxPxAx1nGyVtDxgpnnfY2JO-RNmi67cCaNqupRwPo-7O3_bSotJcct2IVpOyHQi4JGYS-KlgEbV-dSbVHxx9LIuGjIOCuMbjCiOP5G7LJWR-jAStUNWRse9fBMsNN0FMUHTPt-e3vtnmvLce6ZPzXYbNH9sg8_M256qPB2omzMEQTgNYgHEk-8XOpVne5_ZeKM2HOG0evRrrJZ2fQGtXNaPVzBZkHzg-kVNIIaDvPeQZJtoeX5miHDqmOEdLwXRpHVHNmJ_M2OeVsrPa36lp5pCb7LU0RTN_CT474KzQ=w2594-h1946-s-no?authuser=0

5 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

Ah but then you'd have probably snuck off with the G. Dufour mill instead then (sitting back corner next to the press). Bigger capacity than the Bridgeport and better suited to your garage because of the lower height :hysterical:. Also has 40 taper tooling so makes the Bridgeport tooling look like toys. Power feed on all axis too.

CdntgyJqlncgV-Jw_ke_a9zeolhxlDumCMwBoVorzpGPggZiAc6BkM7mD7637StU-kz3-UB61EoWx0KTL9WAun0fN2k1a2WOub4TEBlNxUvi-qvHkGbcFSyxZ2P6PW3H7t2rUCMc9MQXkhBZiMkaj5w06fTZ8UBcS6HkU7v7fDegzsm_vDq-SV8OYTgdCqpnNLNd0RTNfzQF4i-RYRyhOY5e1AylMMKKN24qolYpX2qvgr8tJBacfnDEOo3dEif9EETU7nrQCBMhaL1Kq3w4A7X1QU2BhJ1cRqnVBi9tFypIJJcRjoYXa0yZ98X9vDPP-FpTdXg6LeDfUBOjocg_t_2v1Pj2aCcSnKXXw0jjSSyBut6Lgit5vALYy_iq4DwK89afsj5bm2MRyALPCulNgAjBQb_jwVRiRcr5F2lTr9OayDKN85HF_TPT-eePh2v9s6myp-kUapaJbvySRjFHXBC0sJQj2jp9nEAyC89JU_nyoPjbgTpObqmqrei0tg5roDJKPxFj0UfEGkF9gpZMqMwKtGgarr7DXfFWxsQia8qjnV6r_snHO_qNvKAvjsNOck2FJ7if8dvkkklosq8J8Jndaewrlzu-YxhF3CbZAfjgSRrtpYbtt9bupmrg3f246xzENtQxPxAx1nGyVtDxgpnnfY2JO-RNmi67cCaNqupRwPo-7O3_bSotJcct2IVpOyHQi4JGYS-KlgEbV-dSbVHxx9LIuGjIOCuMbjCiOP5G7LJWR-jAStUNWRse9fBMsNN0FMUHTPt-e3vtnmvLce6ZPzXYbNH9sg8_M256qPB2omzMEQTgNYgHEk-8XOpVne5_ZeKM2HOG0evRrrJZ2fQGtXNaPVzBZkHzg-kVNIIaDvPeQZJtoeX5miHDqmOEdLwXRpHVHNmJ_M2OeVsrPa36lp5pCb7LU0RTN_CT474KzQ=w2594-h1946-s-no?authuser=0

Is your tooling 40int if it is I have a cutter holder that came with my original mill that is no good to me, yours if you want it. Tooling on my new to me mill is R8

Regards Stephen

Bring it down to Summer Sisters and I'm sure I can make use of it. There no drawbar on this one so I need to make one, currently bought some ISO40 tooling but many other things getting in the way currently.

2 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Do you live in the Tardis Stephen? I barely have room for the hobby-size mill & lathe in my workshop and you're moving in half a factory's worth of gear!

The shaper was just a lucky find and at £150 I could not say no

The Bridgeport was £510 with vice and tooling it also has a quill feed which I've been hankering after for a while

Tardis, is full, once I get Sid finished I'm going to have a mega square up, I've got stuff I'll probably never use mill will probably not run until then

I'm future proofing my future engineering capabilities...............heaven knows what you lot are going to throw at me to make..........lol

Regards Stephen

• Haha 1

Those were both bargains. I got my triple bank of elliot pillar drills and table for £150 and the donkey saw got chucked in for the same again but not a shaper.

Bandsaw was £100 that was a bargain even if I did have to fetch it from Essex.

4 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Age old thing of the bigger the toy/hobby the less people have space for it. Look at the cost of 7.5 and bigger trucks.... Buy an artic and trailer for the cost of a new Ifor.

The excitement of having a lorry soon wears thin with the maintenance. Had a Eurocargo for 8 years but changed to a big 3 axle tilt bed. Just hire something now for the odd times I need it and it costs less. Ended up spending more time on the lorry than maintaining the 90 we were competing in and the lorry carried!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elbekko said:

Colour me very jealous... no way you'd find that around here for that price :(

7 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Jeeeez big machines are stupidly cheap but that's a billy bargain!

I've been very fortunate

Regards Stephen