New to me toys

The amount of stuff I've had out of the scrap bins at work is embarrassing... but then it's also been thousands of pounds worth of stuff that's been either directly useful or passed on to fellow club / forum members.

Last time the boss had a clearout I backed the car up to the loading bay :lol: the pile of stuff I took home was bigger than the pile that ended up in the skip, but it all found good homes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ed Poore said:

You throw some big stuff out too!

Why can't I see that photo unless I click in the white space?

I sometimes re-possess stuff at our local recycling - as long as there isn't a jobsworth on duty who is keen to point out all the cameras.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

Why can't I see that photo unless I click in the white space?

I sometimes re-possess stuff at our local recycling - as long as there isn't a jobsworth on duty who is keen to point out all the cameras.

Really bugs me how hot they are on stuff not being taken from the Stanford tip :angry:. Other end of the scale... asked about a tesco crate at the Chard tip.... chap said 'you're not supposed to take anything, but I'm going to walk and check the other end of the line of bins for a few minutes' :lol: 

Our local recycling centre is pretty good about removing stuff, even phoned me when they had a load of chequer plate (local company does displays at exhibitions), sadly I was doon sooth at the time so missed out on 12 8/4 sheets of 3mm plate.

• Like 1

This world throws away many repairable and recyclable items. 80% of my home is recycled, my car is recycled, my wife's car is repaired/recycled. We as a family (especially my wife) are passionate about reuse, so yes I'm a fully qualified womble.

Mike

5 hours ago, miketomcat said:

This world throws away many repairable and recyclable items. 80% of my home is recycled, my car is recycled, my wife's car is repaired/recycled. We as a family (especially my wife) are passionate about reuse, so yes I'm a fully qualified womble.

Mike

Mike, so which Womble do you associate yourself  with....

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...