New to me toys

4 minutes ago, CwazyWabbit said:

That strange looking piece is the beading die for 1/4" diameter tubes apparently.

Now you've found that out I can see what you mean, I have some 1/4" copper tube, I'll have to have a go

thank you regards Stephen

It's a variation on the WW2 Parker type beading tool, there are current copies by ATS and Graham Tool. The current versions are four tools (a clamping tool and 3 bead tools), yours handles the different bead profiles by the changeable outer dies, all use the interchangeable inner dies. The new versions are around $500-$600.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CwazyWabbit said:

It's a variation on the WW2 Parker type beading tool, there are current copies by ATS and Graham Tool. The current versions are four tools (a clamping tool and 3 bead tools), yours handles the different bead profiles by the changeable outer dies, all use the interchangeable inner dies. The new versions are around $500-$600.

Ouch that's quite spendy, paid £86 for mine

thanks very much for the information regards Stephen

• Like 1