New to me toys

On 11/12/2022 at 7:50 PM, Stellaghost said:

New circular saw through the post today

20221112_194647.thumb.jpg.74dd94275d1592b21235f92c4dae2552.jpg

my milwaukee one just stopped working, looking on various forums this seems to be a problem with the 18v milwaukee saw so I got this 36v makita instead hopefully it will last longer than the milwaukee one I had regards Stephen 

They are bloody brilliant, wouldn't swap my Makita one for any other brand

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stellaghost said:

Second hand new addition to my tools

20221207_153909.thumb.jpg.02d125484502df6c1bb17fad5fa72d39.jpg

very impressed with how it cuts should have got one ages ago regards Stephen 

Never seen anything like that. A handheld bandsaw? What is the benefit over a 9 inch grinder for example?

Different teeth / aggressiveness on the blades? I've heard mixed reviews about the Milwaukee blades, some really rate them and others say they just snap but I wonder how much of the latter is abuse.

The bandsaw above I picked up for £100, admittedly I did rather worryingly have to go to Essex to pick it up, it's a bit unusual in that it push cuts. One of the wheel covers has a stamp "Made in West Germany" which dates it a bit. I've used it a couple of times, the last time was cutting through a 1" round bar and it went through in about 10-15 seconds, scarily fast, even with the hydraulic damper right down.

1 hour ago, Ed Poore said:

Different teeth / aggressiveness on the blades? I've heard mixed reviews about the Milwaukee blades, some really rate them and others say they just snap but I wonder how much of the latter is abuse.

The one I'm using is from Mr bandsaw, not a Milwaukee blade

On a different note I fitted a new axminster blade to my other bandsaw and it snapped 30 seconds in, this will be the 3rd axminster blade that's done that, I will weld it back together as I have before and get more use out of it regards Stephen