Thoughts and Musings on the Ineos Grenadier

Bowie69

18 hours ago, jeremy996 said:

I am assured that everything is moving along; one of the dealers, (Steve at Halliwell Jones Chester), put up a picture of the hardback manual. There has been a little debate about how thick it is!

GrenadierManual.thumb.jpg.a24d29fc64e640b1ab96e4290bef9a3f.jpg

@jeremy996

You Sir, are an object lesson in the art of patience! 

🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2023 at 1:21 PM, Happyoldgit said:

@jeremy996

You Sir, are an object lesson in the art of patience! 

🙂

My patience is being sorely tried. I spoke to my dealer this afternoon; they are on notice my truck should be with them on the 02/04/2023. They still don't know if all the softwear updates will be available, how long registration, PDI and adding dealer fit extras will take.

I'm especially sore about it as I have been caught in the rain driving the Morgan. It's OK when actually going forwards, you just get soggy when stopped at traffic lights! Still, client thought it was funny.

Edited by jeremy996
Why I'm a little peeved!

19 minutes ago, jeremy996 said:

My patience is being sorely tried. I spoke to my dealer this afternoon; they are on notice my truck should be with them on the 02/04/2023. They still don't know if all the softwear updates will be available, how long registration, PDI and adding dealer fit extras will take.

I'm especially sore about it as I have been caught in the rain driving the Morgan. It's OK when actually going forwards, you just get soggy when stopped at traffic lights! Still, client thought it was funny.

Oh dear. Hopefully things will progress rapidly and smoothly once at the dealers.

3 hours ago, jeremy996 said:

i spoke to busseys in attleborough today, alledgedly they have 4 customer vehicles but cannot release them due to softwear update issues, still no date on their demonstrator,

On 3/15/2023 at 9:22 PM, forkrentfitter said:

i spoke to busseys in attleborough today, alledgedly they have 4 customer vehicles but cannot release them due to softwear update issues, still no date on their demonstrator,

Good job these Grenadiers are nothing like the awful new Defender with all its software and ECU's and such nonsense :ph34r: just plain simple vehicles, easily repaired with minimal electronics, yes sir...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happyoldgit said:

No developments I guess @jeremy996 ?

No, nothing useful.

I'm supposed to be marshalling a cycle race on Sunday; my LR90 still is missing working rear lights, so no MOT and the Grenadier is "somewhere". I'm not sure whether the cycle race will see Charlie the Vauxhall Agila or Fay the Morgan; neither have the road presence of a full sized 4x4.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Happyoldgit said:

When I saw a new post from you before opening the thread I admit to hoping you had positive news about finally getting your Grenadier...

The video? Well annoyin' presentation innit.

Richard Young at Chandlers, Belton has gone on holiday for a fortnight and from what other eager prospective owners have said not much is expected to happen in the next week, so I've clamed down and thought of different things.

As for Urban, a bit faux London, but I was more impressed than I expected on their process. I think their side step looks better than the Ineos one I have added as an option. When I break the fitted step or it rusts through, I'll have to look at Urban for a replacement, as my Mother and Mother in Law will need a step to get in.

On 3/20/2023 at 10:03 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

Good job these Grenadiers are nothing like the awful new Defender with all its software and ECU's and such nonsense :ph34r: just plain simple vehicles, easily repaired with minimal electronics, yes sir...

think i will carry on with my king cab 110 build, with galv chassis and bmw 3ltr diesel engine and six speed gearbox.

The PDF of the standard owners manual is now available for download. This isn't the manual I really want, as I want to study the workshop manual closely, but it is a start.

Unfortunately, it is too big to be saved here, so the link is:-

0b3d285214dd41bbabf0623ed71b93a2

22 hours ago, jeremy996 said:

The PDF of the standard owners manual is now available for download. This isn't the manual I really want, as I want to study the workshop manual closely, but it is a start.

Unfortunately, it is too big to be saved here, so the link is:-

0b3d285214dd41bbabf0623ed71b93a2

Link does not work