Thoughts and Musings on the Ineos Grenadier

Bowie69

1 hour ago, landroversforever said:

Is that with the longer wheelbase? 

I think it's got great potential.... I just query the look of the rear bumper and keeping the same lights from the full bodied version. Hilux at work with a flatbed has a 'normal' pickup bumper and it looks terrible. 

Keep the bits that have already been approved - probably a pragmatic approach in this modern age?  The lights are well protected and the bumper does its job with minimal protrusion.  Like most Grenadier things, it seems well-considered and executed.

The email came through this morning.  It specifically states it's made for the Australian and New Zealand market; that it is in fact a Quartermaster chassis and it's being sold as a cab and chassis with "aluminium and steel trayback bodies".  It's a welcome and logical move, just a shame that it seems to be only the restrictive crew cab at this stage.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I am fairly certain that while running between an off road event and getting supplies for people, I had a Grenadier driver wave at me.

I would like to say I deliberately ignored them out of brand loyalty but really I didn't see it until too late to respond. I probably would if it occurs again.

Is this a "thing"?

4 hours ago, L19MUD said:

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/04/chelsea-truck-company-cheats-on-defenders-with-new-ineos-grenadier-project/

I actually really like the look of this with those wheels. I am sure the further exterior 'enhancements' planned will be awful though!

Those wheels aren’t bad looking, but I’d prefer to avoid that diameter and keep 18” or less.  Those seats look his typical vulgar fare.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Snagger said:

Good information, but I can’t abide YouTubers that keep asking their audience’s opinion and comments part way through.

Unfortunately the algorithms give the content provider more credit if their audience post stuff up  - so having a deliberately polarising opinion is good business. Capitalism in action.

Encouraging viewers to comment is good - it can raise interesting extra information or give a valuable difference of perspective.  Encouraging viewers to comment without seeing the full video is stupid, and just guarantees that the comments will be full of uninformed carp.  I have seen a handful of his videos before, and while the information generally seems sound, I find his style unwatchable, not only for this issue.