Exhaust temperature - back box

Gazzar

I want to paint a mild steel back box. And was thinking of a high zinc 2K epoxy. It's exposed in the wheel arch, so I expect normal paint might not survive the abuse.

IMG_20200802_163422.jpg

Looks good. I wonder how it would survive though. 

It's the physical damage from stones, sand and mud from the tyre that bothers me. 

I suppose I could put a mud shield around it, or something.

I'm with FridgeFreezer on this - I tried using high-temp exhaust paint on an ACR silencer to make it last longer, but it still rusted through in about the same time as an unpainted one.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

While it's no help to you guys in the UK being a South African product, my Moto Guzzi pipes were done in the black version of this https://www.autopaintcentre.co.za/product/plascon-coastcote-etch-primer-snk/  and the paint held up well under the heat, which according to the scar on my calf, was rather intense.... I'm pretty sure a similar product is available there.