Dare we call this a winch ?

Arjan

Well it has a certain charm!ย  It doesn't really matter what you call it so long as nobody tries to use itย :lol:

Has home made look to it, but the gearbox and drum look familiar, ..... are you thinking of acquiring another project Arjan?

• Like 1

The Series does have a charm and sort of is complete.

However, I do not need more projects as I have 2 1/2 sitting in the garden and SWMBO made it very clear I can't have another LR Project if she can't have another horse.. ๐Ÿ™„

We have some serious work - both with the trains and building - and need to use that sensible.

Having said that.....

Another horse... ๐Ÿ˜”

I think it looks quite period. Certainly inventive, and not much worse than SOME electric winches I have seen.

All it needs is a guard over the flywheel drive, and maybe another support bearing on the outside of the drum.

Oh, there is a cover allright..

afbeelding.png.76af50e48bb4fa157605a06b39da67af.png

afbeelding.thumb.png.9353e763cf0923cc0a1f1972a79b0c2b.png

afbeelding.png.eb8dcf0e00b0f74829e4047258a704af.png

No, I am not buying this.....

Really, I am NOT.

Feel free to sent me ยฃ 3000 and I'll buy it on your behalf, store it for you here in order to collect it later this year.

ย 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 10:39 AM, smallfry said:

I think it looks quite period. Certainly inventive, and not much worse than SOME electric winches I have seen.

All it needs is a guard over the flywheel drive, and maybe another support bearing on the outside of the drum.

Maybe some kind of brake too?ย I suppose it is possible that there is one somewhere, if there is I don't see it, though.