OT : Retirement. Really?!

western

I was really a bit tongue in cheek; I do think it's scary to be finishing work for ever. However the markets being down is also a buying opportunity. Things generally recover in a while, it just depends how long you are able to wait. And knitting is just like welding but with wool? Right?

1 hour ago, cackshifter said:

I was really a bit tongue in cheek; I do think it's scary to be finishing work for ever. However the markets being down is also a buying opportunity. Things generally recover in a while, it just depends how long you are able to wait. And knitting is just like welding but with wool? Right?

No it is not. I don't meet ladies when welding.

I must admit, the retirement you are talking about does not quite resonate with me. But that might change over time.

Daan

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Happyoldgit said:

don't forget that something will usually turn up and make things right.

This is true, happened to me several times during my lifetime, but you don't always immediately recognise it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll never retire, doubt I'll ever be able to afford it, not with my lifestyle. There is a good chance my lifestyle will remove the need for retirement anyway. I've always said if I die with enough money for a good dinner and a decent drink I'll have failed at life as I missed out on that dinner and drink. I want the bank to be in mourning when I go 🙂

Will

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Exmoor Beast said:

I'll never retire, doubt I'll ever be able to afford it, not with my lifestyle. There is a good chance my lifestyle will remove the need for retirement anyway. I've always said if I die with enough money for a good dinner and a decent drink I'll have failed at life as I missed out on that dinner and drink. I want the bank to be in mourning when I go 🙂

Will

I have a feeling, based on past history, I might be propping up the bar with you, when it's time for the Grim Reaper to come knocking. He'll probably get a bulk load of souls if the boys are all there as well

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Happyoldgit said:

Plans, hopes and aspirations can be dashed in an instant. If you don't have health you might not be able to continue in the manner you have done previously.

..Or even get to retirement age.