Nice camper, but .......

smallfry

I realise we are well off topic, ho hum, but I can't resist sharing this.  Only a few hours after I wrote my last post, I was driving back from the river on my tractor when I got passed by a Holden Colorado ute being driven fairly quickly by someone too young to have paid for it.  He pulled right to pass, pulled in to the left and then swung right into my road.  Perfect example of that rocking and I don't really know how he didn't roll it.  Close enough to give all of us a fright though!

Edited by deep
early morning
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Badger110 said:

If you get into Foum Zguid, drop into the restaurant on the roundabout, the chap there does some great food.

Popped in there the other day to grab a quick bite after fuelling up

Salad - chicken - chips?  says the waiter - I said yes some chips would be great.  No, we sell salad, chicken & chips he says. Came out on seven plates and we were there for an hour 😆  very nice though 🐷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Snagger said:

I wonder if the chassis is up to the weight.  If it’s the original Pulse chassis, modified or the TD5 and then galvanised, no problem.  But if it’s a new TD5 130 chassis, I’d have a lot of doubts.

Given that it’s likely to be treated with far more compassion in civvy life, I’d say yes. The pulse ambis are 3800kg from memory so not much over what the standard 130 chassis would be anyway. 

It isn't marketed as suitable for the Nile though is it? Just a bigger alternative to a T7 with more "go anywhere".

2 minutes ago, Happyoldgit said:

I'd still prefer the ex RAF Locomotors 127/130 that I converted twenty or so years ago

Do you have a link?

6 hours ago, Peaklander said:

It isn't marketed as suitable for the Nile though is it? Just a bigger alternative to a T7 with more "go anywhere".

Do you have a link?

Not that I could find without a deep search. I know I did a bit of a thread about it and the work but reckon it dropped off the edge of the world at some point. Stuff that I could find  has bad photo links since they were hosted on Photobucket.

I did a search straight after I posted and I found a thread of yours from 2006. In this you asked for opinions on value but no numbers were forthcoming. That’s a pity as it would have been good to do a sixteen year inflation calculation on that 2006 estimate.

• Like 1