Brake cleaner sprayer

bishbosh

Having decided to buy in bulk rather than pay through the nose for aerosols, I am now on my third sprayer as none of them seem to be able to function for more than 5 minutes before the plastic or rubber components succumb. This includes two sold by ECP as specifically for brake cleaner.

So can the panel please point me in the direction of a sprayer that won’t break the bank and er, won’t break?

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

Will this one work with a thicker penetrating oil ? 

I wouldn't waste the money on it. I got a three pack of cheap kitchen sprayers off Amazon for about £5 and they work fine for Duck Oil.

There was a guy on ebay selling the Wurth ones cheap(er) with the good seals but he was running some weird scheme whereby your order would be "shipped", then you'd get a message saying the courier had "destroyed" it and they would send a new one ASAP, and then the thing would eventually turn up.

No idea what the scam was because you still got a Wurth sprayer with good seals at the end of the day, it just took a couple of days longer. Bizarre.

And yes - Wurth all the way, mine's been going strong for at least 5 years now while the old trigger bottles never lasted more than months.

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

No idea what the scam was because you still got a Wurth sprayer with good seals at the end of the day, it just took a couple of days longer. Bizarre.

The ebay seller is effectively getting them at half price, and the original seller is losing 1/2 of his sales income.

57 minutes ago, elbekko said:

The ebay seller is effectively getting them at half price, and the original seller is losing 1/2 of his sales income.

I don't follow - there's only one seller, he seemingly pretends to have shipped one but doesn't, then makes the same excuse about a bad courier, then ships one slightly later... all he's gaining is time but I've no idea why that helps anyone?

• 3 months later...

Finally got around to doing some shopping: Is this any good?

WURTH® 1L PUMP SPRAY BOTTLE DISPENSER CLEANER SOLVENT ADJUSTABLE NOZZLE BREAK 4053479030418 | eBay

Edit: Never mind - the Wurth site only lists one suitable for brake cleaner and it isn't that one despite what the ebay listing says 😕 

16 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

I'd go down to the garden centre (Sanders) and pick up a hoselock sprayer

Garden sprayers don't like brake cleaner, it somehow eats everything, even the legit Swarfega brake cleaner spray bottles don't last, Wurth are the only ones that have ever lasted for me.

15 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Yup, that's the one but at £40 I am going to have to psych myself up to buy it! :D 

9 minutes ago, bishbosh said:

Yup, that's the one but at £40 I am going to have to psych myself up to buy it! :D 

Yep, as per: 

On 9/29/2023 at 9:25 PM, Bowie69 said:

Wurth do two types, one has better seals in, and they last, but they are getting on for 50 quid or something daft. 

🫣

Cheaper than two at £20 which fail after a month. I tried a black topped Wurth one, was fine for a few weeks, then I let it sit for a month or so, came back and all the seals had swelled up and wouldn't pump up any more.

12 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Cheaper than two at £20 which fail after a month. I tried a black topped Wurth one, was fine for a few weeks, then I let it sit for a month or so, came back and all the seals had swelled up and wouldn't pump up any more.

I've got a couple of black top ones that fell into my lap for free, I think you can get uprated seals for them... however my original red top one has been going strong for many years now so the others have remained on the shelf.