Well thats it i'm slightly aggravated with this forum!

AJL

I know it's slightly off topic, but I like the idea of a minimum post before selling stuff, wish we did it over on the dark side, gets rid of the muppet tyre kickers. :ph34r: B) :P

Anyway, just trying to boost my posts, I have a secondhand slightly mangled wheel bearing to sell.

I know it's slightly off topic, but I like the idea of a minimum post before selling stuff, wish we did it over on the dark side, gets rid of the muppet tyre kickers. :ph34r: B) :P

Anyway, just trying to boost my posts, I have a secondhand slightly mangled wheel bearing to sell.

Why torture us like that? Size? Colour? Price and location? Please in future supply this information if you want a swift transaction.

Why torture us like that? Size? Colour? Price and location? Please in future supply this information if you want a swift transaction.

Well, it's a bluey silver colour, with signs of black.

It is in A1 condition, for a used wheel bearing that rattled loose 10 miles from home, on a lighter not, it did get me home.

argh1.jpg

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the bin in the workshop, if someone offers the correct money, I will even provide a pair of disposable gloves before you route round in the bin.

Apologies for being vague in the first post, but I didn't want to try and sell yet, as I have a couple more posts to make.

Is there any sort of auto-monitoring-thing which erases ads if it senses that you're not allowed to post?

FWIW I saw James's post...was interested but 35" is a tad oversized

:(

Edited by Michele

Well just thought i'd share my dissatisfaction with anyone who may be interested

First thing this morning I posted a new Simex for sale on the classifieds forum

AJL,

What size is the Simex and how much do you want for it, looking for Simex tyres and ones always a start.

Edited by Cut Throat Jake

Stephen

Definately posted Bish and nige both saw it!

For What its worth its a 35x10.50x16 Brand new never fitted Extreme Trekker II Still with the moulding dimples fitted to a grey new grey modular bought last year from D4X4 prior to the other forum wales trip as a spare. Now surplus to requirements as i've changed from Simex now. i'd like £150 if possible

Edited by AJL

Stephen

For What its worth its a 35x10.50x16 Brand new never fitted Extreme Trekker I Still with the moulding dimples fitted to a grey new grey modular bought last year from D4X4 prior to the other forum wales trip as a spare. Now surplus to requirements as i've changed from Simex now. i'd like £150 if possible

I saw it too!

John

Steve

I changed them because after almost 15K miles they were getting pretty worn and hiddeously loud plus i was doing less on the mud and more on the road. Not to mention the truck always felt very sluggish with them fitted, and its a real pain swapping back and forth between the standard Range Masters and SIMEX. I'd always got the wrong tyres fitted for wherever i wanted to go.

Someone approached me locally one day who'd just bought a 90 offered me £500 for them there and then so off they came and i bought a set of 255x85x16 BFG KM Muds which to my mind are cr*p like driving on road tyres in mud after the Simex however they are better mannered!

I got caught out big time recently after i took them off and at 1:30pm on chrismas day nearly missed my lunch! Took a shortcut on my own 500 yards through the local forrestry in a rush back from the pub 200 yards in they'd been in with a felling tractor and ruts and mud was an understatement! Simex would have ploughed through no probs! Anyway result was trying to miss the ruts cross axeling in the mud and fouling the front axel on a submerged stump! (no highlift with me either or mobile)

Anyway out with MM (wearing smart shoes/ trousers xmas jumper etc) knee deep in mud 3 wraps on winch mm stalls out!! Double lined with snatchblock MM stalls out. Tripple lined with another spare thank god! out comes stump and LR...... me arrives home as dinner was beingserved in a filthy sweaty mess

Comment from SWMBO thought you were only just popping out to walk the dogs!

Moral if you buy Simex Keep them on Dont Sell!!

Edited by AJL

Stephen

For What its worth its a 35x10.50x16 Brand new never fitted Extreme Trekker II Still with the moulding dimples fitted to a grey new grey modular bought last year from D4X4 prior to the other forum wales trip as a spare. Now surplus to requirements as i've changed from Simex now. i'd like £150 if possible

For gawds sake James, .............you should post this in the classifieds

I'll get me coat :D

Nige

Someone approached me locally one day who'd just bought a 90 offered me £500 for them there and then so off they came and i bought a set of 255x85x16 BFG KM Muds which to my mind are cr*p like driving on road tyres in mud after the Simex however they are better mannered!

Haw do you find they compare on road? Noise, grip and ease of pushing them along and are the MTs significantly better ON road than Simex or would you need to go AT to get much better on road manners or would you go so far as tp say just keep the Simex and live with the road manners?

FWIW I was running xply SAGs before the Simex and find the Simex better in all combinations of on/off wet/dry road.

Haw do you find they compare on road? Noise, grip and ease of pushing them along and are the MTs significantly better ON road than Simex or would you need to go AT to get much better on road manners or would you go so far as tp say just keep the Simex and live with the road manners?

FWIW I was running xply SAGs before the Simex and find the Simex better in all combinations of on/off wet/dry road.

BFG Muds V SIMEX For noise no noise in comparison. as Simex wear they get noisier

Simex cause Bumpstear without cranked radius arms

Simex are higher geared and heavier so approx 5mpg less quite noticeable V BFG Muds

Found no real difference in grip on road between the 2

I do drive faster on BFG's though

You just cannot ballance Simex properly either so you are prone to wheel wobble at 50/55mph if you can get enough stick on weights on them they soon fly off in mud or the crimp on types you wont get enough weight on the edge plus the sidewall flex forces them off. Swappinf wheel around does make a difference though

In the mud though After Simex in my opinion any other off road tyres are pretty carp

The ones i've tried on the 11 LR's i've owned are:

BFG Muds

BFG AT's

Firestone SAT's Good Tyre No longer made & Lethal on road in wet

Avon Town & Country

General Grabber AT

I'd say unless youre doing serious road work keep the SIMEX and live with the road manners

Mmm having driven James' 110 on a winding bit of road in Wales I can vouch for the noise... and to be honest I thought the steering felt pretty horrid with them on too, I guess it is down to sidewall flex but you seemed to turn the steering wheel about half a turn and then wait for something to happen.... prob true of any 35" tyres though!

I have to say I think BFGs are excellent on road for a MT tread, General SAG xplys are terrible on road and no comparison at all, SAGs are some of the noisiest tyres I have driven on road and any other conventional radial MT is much better, the only things I have encountered that are as noisy as a SAG are the old Goodyear Xtragrips or tractor tyres!

Based on a fairly short drive I don't think I could live with the Simexes all the time, I run BFG MTs all the time on the 90 and they don't annoy me at all - it's just a background noise which is not at all out of place in a Tdi Defender. I have also run General Grabber MT's and Kimho 834 MT's in the past and while there is not a lot of difference between them in road manners, the BFGs are definitely the best of the bunch.

Mmm having driven James' 110 on a winding bit of road in Wales I can vouch for the noise... and to be honest I thought the steering felt pretty horrid with them on too, I guess it is down to sidewall flex but you seemed to turn the steering wheel about half a turn and then wait for something to happen.... prob true of any 35" tyres though!

I have to say I think BFGs are excellent on road for a MT tread, General SAG xplys are terrible on road and no comparison at all, SAGs are some of the noisiest tyres I have driven on road and any other conventional radial MT is much better, the only things I have encountered that are as noisy as a SAG are the old Goodyear Xtragrips or tractor tyres!

Based on a fairly short drive I don't think I could live with the Simexes all the time, I run BFG MTs all the time on the 90 and they don't annoy me at all - it's just a background noise which is not at all out of place in a Tdi Defender. I have also run General Grabber MT's and Kimho 834 MT's in the past and while there is not a lot of difference between them in road manners, the BFGs are definitely the best of the bunch.

Since going auto I've been running only Simex but I don't use the vehicle every day now. Having said that, I've done a couple of longish motorway trips and they've been OK. Mud Terrains are on the shopping list, though, as they'll help the top speed and the fuel consumption when I do use the 90 on road.