How many miles has yours done???????

1996 disco 300Tdi manual, done 156,000 miles, and used for my 40 mile round trip to work everyday. Its been to Morocco, and done quite a few off-road trips in the Uk.

Its still on the original gearbox/transfer box/diffs/engine...

It had full service history upto 100k (when I bought it) and has had an oil change every 4-5k ever since.

It's had a new alternator, clutch, lift pump, vac pump, water pump, injectors, glow plugs but thats about it.. and some of that was more preventative maintenance than anything else.

Away from the engine its had discs and pads, wheel bearings all round, all new bushes and replacement shocks/ steering damper.

I'll be using it for the daily drive for the next year (did 19k in it last year) before it gets semi-retired, so i expect it to see 200k eventually....

145k km on the clock. 4 master cyclinders. the last one lasted me 70k km while the rest all died before 30k km. Seems like OEM parts last longer. still ok.

fuel pump in the tank needs replacing. yes, i've one on the floor still in the box. Now let me see, when shall i do it. I can't drop the tank alone.

6.5yrs old original LR battery has stated to fail me. Got a yellow top optima on stand by in the truck, i'm just lazy to change it.

modified t-box to 1.222 ratio abt 1yrs ago.

water leaks into the footwell still in super heavy rains. damn, i though i fixed it the other time. when will it not leak in super heavy rain. are the rangies this way too?

1997 300 Tdi, 142k miles.

Gearbox and transfer box rebuilt. The gearbox was completely knacked at about 130k miles (2nd gear synchro completely gone, mainshaft wobbling about like a wobbly thing and it was binding up in reverse).

The engine and the rest of the driveline have been completely troublefree -- no issues at all so far.

Yep, it was a TD whch died at 103,260 which means the 200Tdi has got 302,072 on it.

i have a daihatsu lump lined up for when the td pops, just trying to gather info about the conversion, looks fairly simple

just do not want the daihatsu engine to sieze so i loosened the pistons and squirted some oil them placed them back and dry stored it, should last a while,

and if i get spare time pull out the td and put the daihatsu engine in

1989 110 CSW 200 TDI. 245,000 Miles

TDI dropped in at 85,000 miles by previous owner. A bit like Rodney's uncles broom. Reconditioned gear and transfer box. Reconditioned rear axle. I have replaced two lots of slave and master cylinders. Two starter motors. i found out they did not like mud.

I have had her for over 12 years. been to Bosnia, Morrocco and a little trip down to Cape Town in her.

Would I replace her? No, but if I had the money I would start thinking about a galvanised chassis.