SVA thread

Anderzander

As someone said on the barrys forum, its probably half finished but he wants to get it thru an SVA before the new IVA comes into force.

Take it along like that and he'll walk away with a "fix these bits and you'll pass" list, then he gets his plates etc and can finish the car properly

I hope...

So, just for my interest, who can pick out the SVA fail points apparent in the pictures? For all I know this guy built this car to look like this for a reason. Anyone familiar with 'Rat' bikes? Where the point seems to be to have the worst looking bike possible while remaining road legal and reliable? A guy I know wins prizes for it.

Chris

So, just for my interest, who can pick out the SVA fail points apparent in the pictures? For all I know this guy built this car to look like this for a reason. Anyone familiar with 'Rat' bikes? Where the point seems to be to have the worst looking bike possible while remaining road legal and reliable? A guy I know wins prizes for it.

Chris

Understand your point,

But as follows,

1. Sharp edges and gaps in bodywork, Hazardous to pedestrians etc, I got pulled 20 years or so ago for just that offense!

2. Headlights obscured by bodywork,

3. Bonnet / bodywork not secured safely, (can you imagine that staying on at 60mph let alone 100+)

4. Possibly side exit exhaust on passenger / footpath side, Not sure of legality of this, (also for 90's etc)

5. Vauxhall steering wheel, How friggin dangerous is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lara :D:D

1. Sharp edges and gaps in bodywork, Hazardous to pedestrians etc, I got pulled 20 years or so ago for just that offense! Fair enough.

2. Headlights obscured by bodywork, Does that actually matter as long as the correct beam pattern is produced etc.?

3. Bonnet / bodywork not secured safely, (can you imagine that staying on at 60mph let alone 100+) I cannot tell if it is secure or not from the pictures - though I agree it does not appear secure.

4. Possibly side exit exhaust on passenger / footpath side, Not sure of legality of this, (also for 90's etc) As you suggest, plenty of road cars with that.

5. Vauxhall steering wheel, How friggin dangerous is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Certainly a style infraction if not a technical one. :P

Just playing devil's advocaat. :) I am mainly interested how everyone seems an expert and wondering how many can 'walk the walk as well as talk the talk' in terms of declaring is a wreck.

Chris

Also imagine the looks on peoples faces at a run what you brung/ track day if underneath the very nasty exterior there is a sorted engine and suspension/brake package so the thing is indecently fast. :blink:

Would appeal to my sense of humour. :ph34r:

Pete

I would agree except that it was canned as it had leaking vitals (Brakes etc.) so it cannot have been well engineered to suceed?

Marc.

Chris

The OP on BB said it was leaking fluids and the SVA condemned it, So I don't think people are just judging it on the photos.

I'm more than familiar with the concept of the rat bike having owned a few. Ugly, but with a certain functional charm, (a bit like me), however, that thing is just awful.

I see your point though.