white90

steveswinch6.jpg

steveswinch5.jpg

steveswinch4.jpg

steveswinch3.jpg

steveswinch2.jpg

steveswinch1.jpg

Heres some info for you and prices

Twin motor set upI can tell you that i do this on an exchange basis Eg: you send me the top housing for your winch.

We supply the housing ready to fit, fitted with two motors either 12 or 24 volt (I would recommend 24)

Price £550 +vat

If you wish to use your own motors then this is not a problem and i can adjust the price accordingly.

I should also tell you that you should fit our uprated mainshaft (other wise your going to bust yours!) and this cures 5 problems within the winch.

Price £225with cam gear or £175 if you supply cam gear for remachining

The kit also comes with instructions two shims, a circlip and of course a new shaft.

We aslo do uprated brake shoes £20 a pair

And also do lengthened and narrower diameter drums in any size from £160

to compliment this we do lenghtened fairleads from £90

We aslo do the consumables like 24volt alternater 55amp @£150

And of course Albrights at £70

Call Jim

If you want to order/discuss on 01732-463600

Looks neat but how does that freespool still work? Assuming both motors drive the top gear isn't a second freespool lever required for the new additional motor or does the speed of two motors eliminate the need for freespool (but then why leave the orig toggle there?).

Looks neat but how does that freespool still work? Assuming both motors drive the top gear isn't a second freespool lever required for the new additional motor or does the speed of two motors eliminate the need for freespool (but then why leave the orig toggle there?).

looks most impressive why the requirement for 24 volt though?

interesting, nice workmanship :)

are the two motors connected by an intermediate gear, thereby the front one drives through an intermediate gear, that then links up with the gear for the rear motor and then onto the rest of the set-up?

Are those matched motors ?....or is there an allowance in the gearing to allow for the variation in speed in a normal miss-matched motor pairing ?

are there any implcations if one of the motors/solenoids(or indeed the solenoid coil) fail ? or will it run quite merrily with just the one ?

Are those matched motors ?....or is there an allowance in the gearing to allow for the variation in speed in a normal miss-matched motor pairing ?

are there any implcations if one of the motors/solenoids(or indeed the solenoid coil) fail ? or will it run quite merrily with just the one ?

Hello,

Yes they are matched motors.......Of course :P

The only complication of one or other motor failing is that the other motor will continue to idle it.

So unless total bearing failure (Highly unlikely) No problems.

As for the free wheel, Well lets be honest have you ever used one???????

In that case , i rest my case :D

We are also testing a free wheeling drum at present and if this works as well as we hope, then you will only need to power in and free spool out (Unless lowering of course)

As for why have we left the freewheel toggle.....Eerrrrrrrrr......Why not? and it does a fantastic job of holding the small spur gear in the correct location.

As for back lash in the system and is there enough.....Yes, Is the simple answer.

This winch shown is one that has been built for a customer, and then he has added his own drum.

This is why it is not nicely painted.

Will be running one of these at the ultimate, But with the freewheel drum option added as well.

Please feel free to ask questions, and i will endeavor to answer them as quickly as pos.

Regards

Jim :)

Ps: Ironically compared to some Aussie conversions this is still quite tame :o:o:blink:

It is a worry :rolleyes::lol:

I've seen this in the flesh - and it's a very nice, simple solution - and very well made.

When the freespool drum comes along (seen that too) - that's just fantastic!

This is about the best solution to uprating the motors beyond what you can buy off the shelf I've seen. Uprate the main-shaft though!

Well done,

Si

Ive got one on the Tub it lasted the MT the other week with me abusing it .

It doesnt over run any faster if anything it pays out slower due to the smaller drum diameter & new brakes etc .

But the F***r dont slow down at all i never used a snatch block all weekend & my team mate used 1 on at least 4 sections .

Its the dogs nuts as far as im concerned as long as Jim gives me a new straight drum ;)

run a 24volt charge system and 12volt motors

it is ****ing fantastic

i had chris hummer a big name in oz challenge events

walk to the front of my landy after a ss on the rfc and said what the hell have you got attached to that warn so i explained that it was a 24volt system with a 12 volt motor he said we have been doing that in oz for years but it dont pull as well as yours

all i can say is david bowyer is a god

Its a bit of an old thread but I couldn't resist answering. This setup IS AWESOME!!!! I watched it at MT and there's nothing to compare to it. When Pete says it doesn't slow down, that's what he means; it really doesn't slow down! I'm probably going to run this setup on my front winch as a testbed to see what breaks. If nothing goes bang, that'll be great but I'm looking to go even more powerful in the future so I need to try and find the weak links.

Current draw is a potential problem but a big pair of batteries and a good alternator should sort it. Also, you'll probably draw less current overall than you do with a single motored winch; the motors are running for less time and under less strain at lower temperatures.

12V motors on 24V is something I'm looking at. SERIOUS speed but I wonder how long they'll last.....

Its a bit of an old thread but I couldn't resist answering. This setup IS AWESOME!!!! I watched it at MT and there's nothing to compare to it. When Pete says it doesn't slow down, that's what he means; it really doesn't slow down! I'm probably going to run this setup on my front winch as a testbed to see what breaks. If nothing goes bang, that'll be great but I'm looking to go even more powerful in the future so I need to try and find the weak links.

Current draw is a potential problem but a big pair of batteries and a good alternator should sort it. Also, you'll probably draw less current overall than you do with a single motored winch; the motors are running for less time and under less strain at lower temperatures.

12V motors on 24V is something I'm looking at. SERIOUS speed but I wonder how long they'll last.....

Regarding less current overall, you may (or may not) find that this is so. The amount of work (force times distance) is much the same. The only thing that may reduce this, would be due to lower electrical resistance with lower temperature of the conductors.

Some competitors in Aus use 24V with for power in and 12V for power out (power out is usually used instead of free spool). With no load (powering out), they run too fast and don't have a very long life when using 24V.

When using the 6HP XP motors at 24V, the soldered joints fail due to the heat. The fix is to re-solder the joints with silver solder.

When using the 6HP XP motors at 24V, the soldered joints fail due to the heat. The fix is to re-solder the joints with silver solder.

Bush, does anything else tend to go? How long do they last in standard trim (just thinking about spares...)

Powering out isn't a prolem, that's already sorted courtecy of Mr Marsden's beautiful new drums