What's this bit called

While looking at pictures of defender 90s ( sad I know, but getting ideas of what I can mod ), I noticed that mine doesn't have the the bit in the pic, which seems to be the vent system

Would love to ring round breakers and ask if they have one, but no idea what its called

So to finalise this - it's invisible, leaks, doesn't work, isn't fit for purpose, doesn't fit correctly, will rust, is almost impossible to remove without busting it, and is totally unnecassary anyway.

Gotta be a genuine part then.

Les. :)

maybe someone had it away after he posted? you know that Land Rovers and their parts are being nicked all the time at the moment, even the forum isn't safe!!!!

While looking at pictures of defender 90s ( sad I know, but getting ideas of what I can mod ), I noticed that mine doesn't have the the bit in the pic, which seems to be the vent system

Would love to ring round breakers and ask if they have one, but no idea what its called

Sorry for the infantile banter from above Keiff :D please try and attach the picture of the item you want described.

To all you bad posters I am not trying to be all high brow but you beat me to it and left me with no witty responses!!! :D:D:D

Cheers

G :P

No Nige, you're wrong, sorry :(

The 666 part of the part number indicates that it's electrical, you need a part number from the ethereal side of things.

HTH

Mo

:rofl:

Oh how true

I'm currently searching e-bay for one of those 'Lucas Harness smoke Replacement kits' - for a paperweight for me :lol:

:)

Nige

Are vapour threads BSP or Whitworth? Metric fine or coarse?

Right or left handed?

Apologies to the OP but I just couldn't resist - sorry mods and all that etc. etc.

Surely a Vapourthread ( © Poohbear 2010) isn't actually helical, it just goes round and round and round? I'm visualising some kind of obscure hard to find Acme thread form, agressive and chunky looking, but not much practical use?

I've got STN666G down as "obscure and intermittent electrical fault, potential MOT failure" - definitely a Lucas / Genuine part.

The Vapourthread is helical, but whether it's left or right handed depends on which side you look at it from. It was Pioneered by Escher Engineering I believe, unique in being the only thread that gets looser, no matter which way you twist it... Unless you want to get it undone, in which case it gets tighter.

Landrover were early adopters of the system, and have so-far been it's main supporter.