Defender insurance?

Where do you get your insurance from, and how much are you paying? I thought that my quote from Sureterm last year for £405 was ridiculous after my Jeep at £300. I have 9 years no claims and my Landy Black has a Warn winch. After getting good low quotes on line last year, as soon as i mentioned "winch" the underwriters didn't want to know. A couple came back with quotes well over £400. I've just got my renewal through from sureterm, - £529 !! Come on what do you pay and who with? I stupidly thought that Landies would be cheeper than jeeps.

Cheers, Chris

:(

If you can get with the NFU they are a great insurance company. Really arent botherd by mods and are cheap! I've got a 90 third party F&T with them i'm 21 no claims and it's pritty modded, costs me a touch over £300 for the year probably going to come down on the next quote aswell.

The problem you'll have is they dont insure anyone under 25 now (recent policy change) on a private vehicle policy. I'm fairly sure however they will insure you if your under 25 and part of young farmers (which is affiliated to the NFU), best bet is to join them + young farmers is a great laugh!

300TDi Truck cab with an A4 page of mods. 27 yrs old, no no-claims used on this vehicle, under £300 per year limited to 5000 miles. It's with Academy Insurance...

Coincidentally, the renewal for my old 200TDi Hardtop 90 (same company) had arrived when I popped home for lunch........£124 TPFT with lift, 33" tyres, winch and locker all declared. Again limited to 5000 miles...

I found the NFU over priced, but with an excellent level of cover. Adrian Flux - won't touch again due to previous issues. Most of the other main companies that advertise in the mags have always been well over priced for my liking too...

My Disco 2 is with Admiral on one of their multi car schemes (along with the wife's Seat Leon). Doing this saved us well over £400 a year compared to insuring them both separately... Definitely worth a call if your vehicle is standard or only has a few modifications. They didn't like the idea of my truck cab a it's classed as a commercial vehicle and they won't touch anything with the words 'roll cage' in the description!!!

Just reinsured through Sureterm for £424, but have had to remove one seat from my 110SW to bring it down to 8 seats. My usual insurance broker would touch it at all once I mentioned it had an A-bar on the front.

NFU was £765 with Adrian Flux over £1000, all prices are fully comp.

Age 32, full no claims (>10years), 1 no fault accident in 2007, but am in Northern Ireland. As far as I know there is no limit on personal injury claims in NI so vehicles with a large number of seats get hit with sky-high insurance.

LR 90 V8 with winch, A bar, LPG is with the NFU. Been with them for years. I'm 37, full no claims & clean license. TPFT cover for any driver over 25 including business use, no mileage limit. Last renewal was around £240 IIRC.

Thanks for the replies. Sureterm and Adrian Flux I 'd already got quotes from - pretty high even after Sureterm requoted me at over 100 quid less than their original renewal. As suggested by some of you, I tried NFU, who quoted much lower than anyone else, so it's sorted. Cheers

I am with the NFU for my RRC. I declared the winch when I fitted it, and the underwriters weren't too happy till they were told it was for self recovery and not hire and reward.

No increase in premium.

It is worth pointing out that different NFU offices may quote different prices. Chester branch is a lot higher than Macclesfield for example!

ok - so im an old git (41) :lol:

But I went to www.quidco.com, then looked for insurance companies giving the best cashback deal, found LV, and got a quote for my defender 90 300tdi it was GBP148, BUT I got GBP70 cashback - so my insurance fully comp was GBP70 :P

i was 25 driving a 110 300tdi half overland prepared, fully comp £356 but with maxed out £600 excess. that was with norwich union until the landy got nicked with more security on it than a security shop. They payed out more than we were expecting too. Nfu insure my farm atv, I could drive two 110's for the cost of that...

• 4 weeks later...

hi im 17 been looking at insurance as taking test soon to give me an idear let me give you an example of how messed up it is

rover metro 100 1liter thrid party fire and theft £1200

classing a land rover 2.5 90 pickup petrol or diesel on van insurance i managed a quote fully comp £1001.10 so im currently looking for land rover pickup