London Emission Zone

tweetyduck

They have their own whole section, love it ^_^

I also like how they have stolen the model option images from the Land Rover website for their flow-chart :P

All station wagons are exempt (except those with > 8 seats), that was my understanding. IE. those with the 'M' character in the VIN and 'Estate' on the V5C. Any other 90/110/130 is a commercial vehicle as far as these things are concerned.

Not that I ever plan to drive into London again (did it once for Pass Plus, truly horrific) but my 110 has 'Light 4x4 Utility' on the V5C when it should read 'Estate' (it's a genuine CSW), so I plan to get that changed for completeness' sake.

The problem is that it's not just London, it's pretty much anywhere within the M25.

It starts not too far from my home (approx 1/2 mile) and because my 90 is a hardtop and registered as private light goods with the DVLA it is caught by the LEZ so as from 2012 I will have to pay £100 each day I drive to the nearest supermarket! The bloke down the road who also has a 1992 200Tdi Defender 90, but in his case he has a CSW, will have to pay nothing.

All station wagons are exempt (except those with > 8 seats), that was my understanding.

Having looked at the chart (excellent that it goes into so much detail and we have a page to ourselves) it says Defender station wagons with more than 8 seats should be treated as Minibuses. However my reading is (turningto P3) that if the minibus has 9 seats or less including the driver it too is exempt. So a 9 seat 110 is also exempt (but has been called a Minibus). That centre front seat might start to look expensive on 10 seaters.

Nigel

That is an improvement from the blanket 'non compliance' that the diesels got before irrespective of whether they were station wagons or not

Its a little known fact that 95% of the proceeds from the LEZ go to pay bankers bonuses

I thought lez, fuel tax, nitrogen tax ,carbon offset monies etc etc were to pay off mother nature and everything was made good :rolleyes:

Yeah, but mother nature was bought out by HSBC last year....

It is a bit of a pain just how far the LEZ extends from the hell hole cultural centre that is London itself, I took a wrong turn off the M25 last year and ended up on the M4 heading into London. Actually went into the LEZ, past the cameras and all that.

Was bricking it until I got home and found I was still exempt!

interesting flow chart, bu what happens if you've got a soft top defender????

just what I was wondering, but my guess would be it's classed as a pickup..... going to be flipping annoying, I don't like driving that way, but sometimes you have too.

Having looked at the chart (excellent that it goes into so much detail and we have a page to ourselves) it says Defender station wagons with more than 8 seats should be treated as Minibuses. However my reading is (turningto P3) that if the minibus has 9 seats or less including the driver it too is exempt. So a 9 seat 110 is also exempt (but has been called a Minibus). That centre front seat might start to look expensive on 10 seaters.

Nigel

I'm surprised the LEZ people allow 9 seaters (8 passenger seats) to be exempt, as if they chose 10 (9 passengers) instead it would fall into line with PSV regs, the congestion charge and the driving license category of a car threshold.

This leaves the option of driving a 9 seat (total) vehicle on a car license and being Congestion charge and LEZ exempt. :)

I've sent them an Email and my V5C. Lets see what they say. My 110 CSW certainly shows as exempt on the flowchart and i've pointed this out. The checker on the other hand says its not.

Will they reply ?

I suspect they'll tell you you have to register with them Neill. There is a pdf form on their website somewhere that people that belevie they are not in the category designated by LEZ have to fill in.

I suspect they'll tell you you have to register with them Neill. There is a pdf form on their website somewhere that people that belevie they are not in the category designated by LEZ have to fill in.

ah but the form can't cope with vehicles that should actually be exempt so you can't fill it in as you shouldn't actully need to fill it in....catch 22.:blink:

ah but the form can't cope with vehicles that should actually be exempt so you can't fill it in as you shouldn't actully need to fill it in....catch 22.:blink:

I agree. I returned it and stated that that section was Not Applicable to my vehicle since it covered vehicles that were not exempt from the LEZ! Its a stupid tax and a stupid form!

Cat + pigeons - Adblue. Is it possible to retrofit? Has anyone ever asked a LR dealer to fit it to a new vehicle? On a completetly unrelated matter, how can the manufacturers of this stuff claim that it improves engine efficiency when its injected into the exhaust system?

Answers on a postcard please, because I'm going into hiding now.