What a plonker

Les Henson

Have to agree, what a plonker! He has no chance of winning.

Steve

Im not so sure about that. He is just one of thousands who have bought a Freelander because they have been sucked in by Land Rover's advertising and the image they are trying to give it. If it's got a Land Rover badge on it then it must be good offroad. After all thats what the adverts show so it must be true! I blame the marketing division of the company.

Cheers

Log

Im not so sure about that. He is just one of thousands who have bought a Freelander because they have been sucked in by Land Rover's advertising and the image they are trying to give it. If it's got a Land Rover badge on it then it must be good offroad. After all thats what the adverts show so it must be true! I blame the marketing division of the company.

Cheers

Log

You are quite right but buying the best kitchen in the world does not make you a good chef. You need training for that. I am sure LR offered training with a new car and reccomend it in the handbook!

Chris

You are quite right but buying the best kitchen in the world does not make you a good chef. You need training for that. I am sure LR offered training with a new car and reccomend it in the handbook!

Chris

I agree but I would say that a Freelander is more of a B&Q kitchen, built for the masses, not the experts!

Log

Total prat! The man clearly has never had any driver training. The first thing he does is blame the vehicle (that has cost millions), not his own skills (which, given he's never driven off road before) are clearly limited. I think there's not a hope he'll keep his house.

I think Jules Read should send Land Rover some footage of him racing to use in the vehicles defence :D

So does this mean I can buy a SAAB then sue them because it can't fly?

I agree, adverts are obviously over the top. But the difference with Land Rover is that they are selling vehicles purely on the name 'Land Rover' and the reputation that it has as being the 'ultimate offroader'. Not like other companies who have a reputation of good build quality, transmissions, longevety, etc.

Okay, so the Freelander has sold well and has helped to keep the company from going bust, but they can't have it both way's.

Log

And lets face it, who would want to fly in an aircraft that was built by Land Rover!

:lol:

Log

OT I know, but I believe the ''Fairey Corp'' The manufacturers of those crappy overdrives is in the aircraft business?

Actually I agree that LandRover have misrepresented the Freelander in their advertising, but nothing new there. They have been misrepresenting their products abilities since 1948, ie '' Go anywhere 4wd tractor''

''Worlds Most Versatile Vehicle'' '' Toughest Vehicle On Four Wheels'' ''Best 4x4 x Far'' etc etc ad nauseum.

I don't think the guy is a plonker, and feel he has every right to be dissappointed, and expect a reasonable degree of all terrain ability for his money. After all, one could drive a motorised wheelchair over that grassy paddock.

Bill.

Silly t**t.

From some of the stories I've heard from Jules, freebies can give other stuff (yes even defenders) a good run for their money if driven well and remembering you're in a freebie not a 90.

The TC / HDC and their weight are plus points, obviously axle travel / ground clearance are bad, as has been said that bloke could spend £50 on driver training rather than loose his house.

Cheers

Log

I am, he doesn't stand a chance. Land rover can easily prove that the Freelander is a very capable off-roader and justifies that placing. It can't be capable of overcoming everything off-road in the same way that a Defender or any other 4x4 can either. So what's the difference in your opinion? Land rover publicise approach, departure, ramp over angles, wading depth for all of their vehicles.

Frankly they guy is a f******g arse in my opinion. It's deranged people like him that cost all of us money while companies spend huge amounts of legal money protecting themselves against any possibility and lawsuit. The end result is companies afraid to be innovative etc, lame advertising, and people not allowed to do things "because some one may sue us". It's this kind of behavoir that creates a nanny state, whereby hospitals have to put big yellow "Caution Hot" stickers above a radiator and coffee shops having to put "Caution Hot, may scold" on coffee cups! No sh*t sherlock!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Steve