The Grave yard

Bos

They have just messed with the spacing.

Which of course makes it illeagal.

I once had a colleague (Also a nurse) called liz who had LI7 SRN and strategically placed a black mounting bolt (or two) to make the 7 look like a Z.

It was a great reg. for a nurse called Liz - but when pulled by the cops and made to change it because she was 'misrepresenting' the numbers it meant diddly squat.....

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for OO 7007 are:

Date of Liability 	01 10 2007
Date of First Registration 	01 09 2005
Year of Manufacture 	2005
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 	4197CC
CO2 Emissions 	374g/Km
Fuel Type 	Petrol
Export Marker 	Not Applicable
Vehicle Status 	Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour 	BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval 	M1
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 	 
6 Months Rate 	£104.50
12 Months Rate 	£190.00

FWIW I have been pulled for something similar, though I think the cop may have been put up to it.

2.8 v6 flywheel is the one to find, 2.9 ones fit fine but the 2.8 one is lighter. Type 9 V6 box or if you can find one a 2wd V6 MT75 box from a very late granada. you will also need the starter from the 24v as the others wont fit due to the oil drain from the head.

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum... ish, was last here in the days of LRE a couple of years ago, and have a couple of questions about getting muddy!

I've now finally got my 109 running slightly smoother than the knackered tumble dryer that it was, infact it'll run for over an hour now without having a lovely oil leak everywhere!

Anyways, I've done a bit of greenlaning, and the last LRO mentioned a bit about different stuff to off-road, like play days and RTVs, and I'm quite keen to have a go at this.

I know that as it's a LWB I'm going to be at a disadvantage, but I really just want to get muddy and have some fun. Is a 109 (completely standard, and with heavy duty springs) likely to be completely useless, or will I still be able to attempt most stuff?

Also can I keep the soft top on, or would it be wiser to swap it over to a truck cab / hard top? I know I should really get a roll-cage if I want to get serious though.

And lastly, anyone know of any events in the devon/south west area that I might be able to pop along too? Hopefully I'll be joining the CDLRC to see what that brings out.

Cheers,

Chris

Someone who has as sad a number plate as that just always makes me think :

"Hmmmm don't think I would to be in a stuck lift with that muppet for too long" :blink:

Sad ........truly sad number plate...

Next on their shopping list is "Get a Life"

Nige

One of the 'colleagues' at my place has the surname: 'Milne' - I guess that M1LNE would be ok... but a bit sad.

Sadder still is M7LNE :lol:

If you're gonna be a bear... Be a GRIZZLY!

Rog

cant be any worse than a couple round here who both own BMWs (no thats not why they are REALLY sad) they haev

MB V LB

LB V MB

cant remember quite how its done, but thats how they read

My guess would be :-

M8 VLB

L8 VMB

With the first 8's made to look like the letter B and a space between the V and the L/M.

Again totally illeagal due to incorect spacing and the the figure 8 misrepresented as a B.

Looks great 'till you get a pull and the reg you paid a mint for is put right by plod and then it is worth diddly squat.

If you are going to spend money on a personal plate please why don't these folks for goodness sake do it properly and get something that says or spells something when correctly spaced, and without the aid of dodgedly placed mounting bolts. If you can't get one that means something without doing this then why bother ???? (I certainly wouldn't)

I saw a tragically sad git in Sheffield who had bought a plate for his coupe that was something expensive yet meaningless like "ABS 3" and, to show that it wasn't totally pointless had in big letters on the plate "Andy Brian Smith III" so everyone would know it was his initials :rolleyes: I guess it means you can heckle him by name for being a tit too :lol:

Welcome to LR4x4.

Not sure the 109 would make a top challenge truck, though I know of a very capable stock 88, but you'll probably get far more fun/£. CDLRC sounds like a good place to start.

Keep the soft top :D