Force9, it's official!

Soren Frimodt

Maybe they are doing what God did... On the 7th day David and Ian sat down and rested their brains....

Monday they will develop a portal offer, solve the problem of world peace and cure cancer....

See.... Something to look forward to next week...

Neil

(Wonder if they can sort the Euro problem out as well? Maybe Tuesday..)

I saw it on Pirate, and it looks very good. They wondered why we brits wanted landy casings, but understood the argument of simplicity and number of S/H units. I recon it will be a good seller.

However, I think there is a very good case for an epicyclic hub kit. I wonder if it's their next project?

I buy a lot of processing equipment for the chemical industry and have a lot of stuff custom made/machined, after reading the full page on the Ashcrofts site-£7300 looks like an absolute bargain for what you get.

I know its still a lot of money for basically an axle for bashing thru a muddy forest somewhere but still looks good value.

edited to ad; I like the feature of being able to grease the hub bearings by removing the drive flange bolts-very nice!

I'd agree, £7300 equates to roughly 162 hours work at our place...put in an allowance of say £400 for materials still leaves it at roughly 153 hours...put in an allowance for the annodising, buying fixings etc of £100, and then £300 to have the gears cut and heat treated, cos we cant do that ourselves leaves only 140 hours, than you realise that the supply the diffs aswell....not a chance we could make it for that money!

Also like greasing feature...dead handy!

I saw it on Pirate, and it looks very good. They wondered why we brits wanted landy casings, but understood the argument of simplicity and number of S/H units. I recon it will be a good seller.

However, I think there is a very good case for an epicyclic hub kit. I wonder if it's their next project?

both gwyn lewis and myself think that epicyclic hub kits are where people should go as tyre sizes get bigger.

all the drive line would not need to be beefed up as the gear reduction would be exactly where you need it.