Urgent request for help - gearbox needed in Kent (calling Mr Ashcroft&

FridgeFreezer

I've just had a call from V8Bertha who's in Kent with a fellow Camel owner and a rather dead 110, they need a new R380 quick sharp and were hoping someone here (Mr Ashcroft, perhaps ;) ) could help.

So, if anyone has an R380 (or LT77 if that will fit?) or knows Mr Ashcroft's mobile number can they give Dan a call on 077869 33334.

They have a trailer so can tow the vehicle to where it needs to be - ideally I think they want to tow it to Ashcrofts but don't know if that'll be OK or if there's a waiting list.

Cheers guys!

I've just had a call from V8Bertha who's in Kent with a fellow Camel owner and a rather dead 110, they need a new R380 quick sharp and were hoping someone here (Mr Ashcroft, perhaps ;) ) could help.

So, if anyone has an R380 (or LT77 if that will fit?) or knows Mr Ashcroft's mobile number can they give Dan a call on 077869 33334.

They have a trailer so can tow the vehicle to where it needs to be - ideally I think they want to tow it to Ashcrofts but don't know if that'll be OK or if there's a waiting list.

Cheers guys!

done

A Ma-hoooooooosive Thank you to Fridge and Mr Ashcroft... I feel a small explanation should be given.

Some friends of ours have been planning a trip down to Croatia in their Camel 110 for some months, on Friday they finally left Yorkshire heading for Dover. They made it there and finally arrived in France in the early hours of Saturday morning. After grabbing a couple of hours kip they got on their way again but 30 miles away from Dunkirk (sp?) a horrible grinding noise started. They enquired at a Landy dealer in France who said they thought it was the gearbox and could do the job on Tuesday and the vehicle would be ready for Wednesday :( They finally decided to head back to the UK and arrived back in Kent on Saturday afternoon. By this point things were sounding rather nasty. I got on the phone and called everyone I knew to try to get hold of an R380, but for some bizarre reason, everybody I knew wanted to keep there gearboxes in their vehicles (including me!!) :rolleyes: Anyway, a friend and I legged it up to Kent yesterday and hoiked the gearbox out, as you do. The main shaft seems to have a vast amount of play in it. This is when I phoned Fridge, as being in deepest darkest Kent, they don't have internet access there ;) He kindly posted up our cry for help. Less than an hour later... and on a Sunday... I get a call from Dave Ashcroft :o:i-m_so_happy:

So, a gearbox is now being built as we speak at Ashcrofts, and after I finish work 2day, I'm heading back to Kent to help refit new box.

This is what makes this forum, and the people that use it, great :wub:

So hopefully, by late this evening, their gearbox will be fitted and they can be on their way again :)

Dave, a million thanks for calling me yesterday, and helping out by getting a box ready... if you at Malvern, I'll buy you a pint or six.

Thanks! :):):)

Hmmmmm

Theres more than a few 4x4 companies out there moaning about "Their Profits" and "Margins"-If they paid more (maybe even some ?) attention to customer service they might find a difference in their reputations and balance sheet....

Ashcroft IMVHO absolutely deserve their reputation - 'Top Notch in Products Customer Service, Reliability and Decency and Fairness'.....

.....sadly many of the other 4x4 outlets equally "deserve" their reputations - but for vastly differing reasons ....

Nige

Note my post: 02:46 PM

Ashtrans reply: 04:19 PM

It takes longer than that for most companies to answer an e-mail during work time, never mind a post on a forum at Sunday lunchtime!

I wonder if this "customer service" lark will catch on? ;)

And I wonder if Dave will start offering gearboxes in orange? :ph34r:

Hmmmmm

Theres more than a few 4x4 companies out there moaning about "Their Profits" and "Margins"-If they paid more (maybe even some ?) attention to customer service they might find a difference in their reputations and balance sheet....

Ashcroft IMVHO absolutely deserve their reputation - 'Top Notch in Products Customer Service, Reliability and Decency and Fairness'.....

.....sadly many of the other 4x4 outlets equally "deserve" their reputations - but for vastly differing reasons ....

Nige

I totally agree. I've never found a company that's as good to deal with as them!

I totally agree. I've never found a company that's as good to deal with as them!

I've got to agree with you there Will. A top company, ordered a set of H/d Cv's after talking to Dave, they turned up the next day :) ( if your reading this Dave, it was the o/s drive shaft, a H/d GKN that broke :ph34r: )

He was probably finding a phone box to change into the costume with his pants on the outside :lol:

My money says he was sleeping off a large, and very pleasent sunday lunch, followed by a good stodgy pudding. :)

He was probably finding a phone box to change into the costume with his pants on the outside :lol:

Yeah I suppose it would be a bit difficult to do that in a mobile phone... :unsure:

Top service as always, the continuing success and reputation of Ashcroft Transmissions is well deserved :)

A Ma-hoooooooosive Thank you to Fridge and Mr Ashcroft... I feel a small explanation should be given.

Some friends of ours have been planning a trip down to Croatia in their Camel 110 for some months, on Friday they finally left Yorkshire heading for Dover. They made it there and finally arrived in France in the early hours of Saturday morning. After grabbing a couple of hours kip they got on their way again but 30 miles away from Dunkirk (sp?) a horrible grinding noise started. They enquired at a Landy dealer in France who said they thought it was the gearbox and could do the job on Tuesday and the vehicle would be ready for Wednesday :( They finally decided to head back to the UK and arrived back in Kent on Saturday afternoon. By this point things were sounding rather nasty. I got on the phone and called everyone I knew to try to get hold of an R380, but for some bizarre reason, everybody I knew wanted to keep there gearboxes in their vehicles (including me!!) :rolleyes: Anyway, a friend and I legged it up to Kent yesterday and hoiked the gearbox out, as you do. The main shaft seems to have a vast amount of play in it. This is when I phoned Fridge, as being in deepest darkest Kent, they don't have internet access there ;) He kindly posted up our cry for help. Less than an hour later... and on a Sunday... I get a call from Dave Ashcroft :o:i-m_so_happy:

So, a gearbox is now being built as we speak at Ashcrofts, and after I finish work 2day, I'm heading back to Kent to help refit new box.

This is what makes this forum, and the people that use it, great :wub:

So hopefully, by late this evening, their gearbox will be fitted and they can be on their way again :)

Dave, a million thanks for calling me yesterday, and helping out by getting a box ready... if you at Malvern, I'll buy you a pint or six.

Thanks! :):):)

Well its nice to know you consider me a friend but can you really get a bit quicker at doing up the rear proshafts, in the two boxes we did over the weekend it took you ages, even with my magic propshaft bolt tool !!!! :hysterical: