LR90 on the "bay" - does this turn anyone else on?

I saw that and uttered the infamous Bolton war-cry.

"'ow much!"

Nice if you're a rivet counter (your anorak's in the post Retro...) but an immaculate Landie (with square edges) is a bit...well, not right somehow. It needs to have the odd dent and ding, otherwise what's it for?

Just my £0.02

I would have... but the Td5 door hinges completely spoilt it for me...

Check out the hawkeye!!!

you spotter, here's your anorak :hysterical:

Well I was thinking what Ralph said, seems I got here too late ;)

trim is Brushwood NOT Moorland ---------- cue the anorak comments :hysterical:

Moorland is grey!!

One has to own a vintage enough Ninety or OneTen (NOT Defender) to recognise Brushwood.

Well I might be unhinged.

It can't have cost much more than that in 1984!

Our D plate 90 TD CSW cost around £12500 new

Certainly very tidy now. I hope what's underneath is in as good a condition as what's on top.

that is just how mine started out but a V8. mines 85 and was the spit of that. indicators are correct.

i got bored and rebuilt it galv chassis, bulkhead, doors, updated td5 interior with outlast interior and i removed the stickers from the side and i stuck in a 3.9efi.

happily sell mine for that.

IMG00108-20100516-1803.jpg

that is just how mine started out but a V8. mines 85 and was the spit of that. indicators are correct.

i got bored and rebuilt it galv chassis, bulkhead, doors, updated td5 interior with outlast interior and i removed the stickers from the side and i stuck in a 3.9efi.

happily sell mine for that.

Hmm it looks alright with those Disco Alloys on. nice truck. - shame about the engine though... ;)

I'd suggest the indicators were transitional about that time. They are definitely the correct type, my 1986 hard top 90 has them.

I have replaced the side repeaters a number of time over the years, and one thing I noticed is that the holes in the wings have been drilled by hand. Also they are not positioned 100% level. This lead me to wonder if they may have been fitted in the dealership, or possibly on the assembly line before wings with the required holes were being produced.

The decals are such a period 80's thing. Given that the 90/110/Defender has never changed shape to any real degree, they almost date it in a way that changes to headlight or body crease design do for modern cars.

Iomlt's 90 looks like a far newer model at a glance, (yes I know galved capping, lift handle doors etc, but these are spotter type features :lol: ), whereas having the decals instantly dates it.

The ebay one looks very tidy though.

Last year one of the mags did a feature on two white V8 90 CSWs, one a C reg and the other an F reg IIRC. They were similarly immaculate, but you could easily date them by the decal styling, and the change from that lovely brown interior to the grey version :)

No side indicators on my 1985 90 either - can't be sure but the bulkhead may be off a later defender as it has a single central windscreen washer.

I replaced the bulkead on mine from a 2002 landy - this also had the single central washer rather than the 2 on the original