What The Heck Is Going On?

siggy

There is a far better explanation of how things are coming together here. Started by the guy who has done most of the work and promptly replied to by you Dave.

The new banner was as much of a surprise to me as it was to you, but it looks good and gives us an identity. As MOG says, if the old regime was staying in place I would not be there after the shutdown.

What nobody is saying is where do we stand now

Is this forum going to be absorbed by the old LRE forum now LRA

If so this was not what we had been led to belive when it started.

If so what is happening to Les, Tony, Geof

When Les says he has been sacked from the admin of LRA does he mean this forum or the old LRE. If its this forum why

To be quite honest I think it all has a rather unpleasant smell about it now. I hope somebody will give me some answers which will disprove that.

That's exactly my concern Dave, I've very wary of going back to the old rebadged LRE given the total lack of communication or member involvement.

Les is still admin here but with Trevor taking the landroveraddict url the mods here have rather had the rug pulled from under their feet. I don't get the impression there is any intention to absorb this forum back into Trevor's, rather this one will be left to live or die on its own merits and members.

Though as Fi says its the members that make the forum and while it may be tough to sustain right now this place feels a lot more comfortable than Trevor forum.

Calling this forum 'Land Rover Addict' was actually a bit of a misunderstanding - Trev had those domain names from the start, and it was me getting my wires crossed.

As far what happens to this forum is concerned, I can't tell you, and there's a very good reason for that; Contrary to what quite a few people have suggested, this isn't my forum, it's yours, and nothing of major significance will be happening to it without the consensus of the members (you lot).

Does that set your minds at rest?

Please bear with us for the time being - if and when there are decisions to be made, we'll let you know. Sorry to carry on the cloak and dagger stuff - we're not enjoying it any more than you are :(

I have to admit I have an uneasy feeling at the moment (nothing to do with my dinner) and am uncertain who to believe, or more importantly, who to follow.

I think we need a 'truth & reconciliation' thread. It may even be worth hosting it on another forum to ensure impartiality so we, the forum(s) members can make an informed choice over where we should be next.

If this (or something similar) does not become evident, there is a strong risk of us all loosing faith and going our separate ways and what is, in my opinion, a most excellent group of people, being separated.

This issue means a lot to me - I value you all a great deal as friends and people whose opinion I trust.

Si

depressing is the word ...not confusing that is springing to mind :(

Frankly I frequent the forum because of the people and any help I can give and sometimes also get, NOT for what the forums are now ..........and have been for a while...........

FWIW I think Fi absolutely hit the nail on the head.

I have not posted on the old LRE since gawd knows what went on, and am staying away from it, I get more than enough grief at work.

I am however worried that this feeling of mistrust, lies, speculation, and general pi%%edoffness is moving into here.

Life is too short, and the members deserve far better treatment IMHO, and I am more than a lot bored with it all

Nige :angry:

I can only reiterate what I stated earlier:

Everything is going according to plan and I'm sure you will be pleased at the end result. I can't say more than that, as there is lots more still left to do and it's not for me to address the masses anyway.

Sorry, it's all I can do.

Please listen to Deano. A lot aren't. :rolleyes:

Guest mr_wuffles

Well from what it looks like Trevor has kindly put alot of effort in and got us all "the forum previously known as LRE" which should very soon have no links to LRE magazine. So we get all the goodness of the LRE forum without the magazine politics just be patient people! True there has been alot of secrecy and mis-communication but that looks like it's LRE magazine trying to come out of this all without smelling off doggy-do

So chillout people! sit back, relax and all will become clear, kicking up a fuss is only going to make things worse!

There's no pleasing some people

That's just what Jesus said sir!

I should make it clearer (sorry)

Trev has said he doesn't want me as Admin when he takes over the LRA (the first one)

I resigned as Admin on LRE through yet more carp from Richard Green and his attitude to this forum. I stayed as moderator of the international forum because I still want to be a part of a team that helps and enjoys the 'company' of it's members. Some of us keep asking important questions concerning Trevs action in all of this, and we are repeatedly ignored, even though Trev can be seen to be reading the relevant threads. This is understandably very annoying to myself, Tony C, and MOG. Other forum members aslo ask questions, and are ignored for the most part.

Two weeks ago this forum was first class, now it's ****e. The LRE forum isn't worth all of this in my opinion, You all made the posts, you all are the forum, never mind the name of the site, if someone asks pretty-much any question regarding a Land Rover, if there was no archive, they would still get the information they require from you all. So it's you members that are important, you all make whatever site you are on the best. I offered to buy the LRe site and had I got it I would have picked the bones, got geoff to put everything in the new LRA site, and it would be there for anyone to look at if they wanted. LRA would be as good still and all this carp wouldn't have happened. The price Trev has paid in all this secrecy and other carp just isn't worth it in my opinion. Shame as it is, there is a lot of friction between moderators and forum members alike at present. The original idea was for everyone that was a member of LRE to come over here as the site was on the brink of collapse. I posted at one point that it seemed unlikely that we would get the archive, and in general people didn't seem to mind too much. LRA was faster, easy on the eyes for you lazy office types,. and free from politics. A lot of you offered to donate money to keep the site free from commercial control. There's several hundred pounds promised a while ago, plus design for t-shirts, stickers etc. I still say that there should never have been any secrets, if we couldn't get LRE out in the open, then it wasn't worth the aggravation it all has caused.

Les.

From my sitting position:

The new LRA site was where I thought we'd be for good, the Old LRE site rising from the ashes was a big a suprise to me as it was to you

Trevor has done the deal the ground work, the idea was then to merge the two site to one LRE free site with the users being the owners/donators, this is still to come to fruition.

another forum isn't what I want, I want the old LRE MODS pre all the carp of a while back to be in position

the users to be the joint owners, the mods to look in and keep it clean.

there is far too much non LR carp going on now.

Nige,

you are too rght. I like the feeling here, it does feel like our forum, and while Geoff may have got his wires crossed it certianly doesn't feel like he is calling the shots or likely to spit his dummy out at any time. I'm happy to send cheques to Tony to help keep this place running but still feel very uneasy about the way the old LRE forum is being run.

In many ways the old LRE being resurrected has been a bad thing for the forum members, rather like LRE passing us a poisoned challis. It would be good in many ways to just put it behind us and focus on what a great place we have here (ok, Geoff could probably use some funds to sort the hosting out but that's easy). We've built it in a few days, post by post, with the full support of the mods and admins, and its great.

We have a confusion over our name, (do we want to be another land rover addict forum?) but in many ways again the members give this forum its identity and strength, not brand or name, and while we are happy to have others join us (largely by recommendation) I don't see it as our ambition to just grow for the sake of it so the name may not actually matter very much at all.

It is good however to see Bigfoot is now being more open on the old forum and that Tony has been reinstated there as mod (and Les also invited back, though WTF they were sacked in the first place is beyond me) so maybe the tide is turning there. It would be good if it does and we can all move back but until Les and Tony feel that's in our best interrests I'm staying here.

Come on boys and girls, chill out. Have a bit of patience.

Sounds like good advice from jw to me. I think (hope) that there are wheels within wheels, deals within deals going on & I for one am happy to weather the storm & see what happens. I like it here , its fresh & bright, but I'll still go back to the old (new) forum from time to time, I'm happy to have the archive available & suspect that in time we'll all adapt to having two forums ( forae?)The new header is a bit green & in your face though. :o As others have pointed out, its only one more in a whole bunch. If ( pie in the shy) these two forums merged I think that would be the best solution but I'm neither counting on it happening or bothered if it doesn't. The only person getting stressed in my household is the wife, who was delighted when the old one died but full of dread now theres another one :D:D:D

Cheers, Steve.

Sorry, but the way that this has been handled with the secretcy and the behind the scenes disputes, stinks.

While saving the old achive has been used as the reason for all the secretacy I think its a red herring for a power struggle.

Its certainaly hasnt been worth what we have now, two forums, total confusion, mistrust, and vague promises of being told what is happening in the future,.

For my part I was happy to see us all move over here getting away from any admin influenced owners. For two weeks all seemed rosy now we have a situation which is far more uncomfortable.

While I respect what are the stated intentions of Trev ect. The way we are being told about it and it seems to being handled are at the best not good practice.

At the end of the day the forum seems to be moving to be set up and run on a commercial basis if that is right I would remind the admin of the new forum that we will be its customers not its members and that the customer will be king.

If anybody with some more nous than me in dealing with computers could set up a survey on here asking what we want

independanace seperatly as we have on this forum under this admin.

moving back to what is LRE under the Trev admin

or joining forces at LRE under TREVs admin

The people/forum members might get what the majority want.

But if this carries on like this much longer many people will start drifting off to somewhere were they talk about Land Rovers

I'm with JW, Des and a couple of others on this one - we should all be supporting Trev in his efforts.

It is obvious to me (and I'm realising that I'm in the minority here :unsure: ) that efforts are being made to give us the following:

One Forum

All past posts, archives etc

Our own forum; run by mods and funded by us, the users

Unfortunately you can't have a democratic vote and consult everyone on all decisions, nothing would ever get done.

What you need is a leader, someone to look at the big picture, someone with the balls to stick their head above the parapet and make some decisions in the knowledge that what they are aiming for is what is generally wanted by the majority.

I think we will all be very happy with the end result (assuming my assumptions above are correct) and that when this has all settled down, will be grateful to Trev for all his efforts and putting up with the sh*t.

I don't know anymore than I have read on here & the old LRE, and as I wasn't a moderator do not have that insight, HOWEVER I am chilled about it all.

So there are two forums to check at the moment; no real hardship, the benefit of having access to all old posts & PM's are a huge plus as far as I am concerned.

So things are a little changeable at the moment; no real hardship, we still have two useable forums with all the old familiar faces and as we are all aware ( & this thread is testament) efforts are underway to resolve all 'issues'

Bit of a 'rant' I realise, I have kept quiet on this to date, however I wanted to voice my views & support for Trev, because based on what has been posted on the many threads he needs broad shoulders, thick skin and a lot of determination to keep driving this forward for the benefit of us and not himself. Hopefully a show of support and understanding will keep him going until it is finalised.

Sorry, but the way that this has been handled with the secretcy and the behind the scenes disputes, stinks.

While saving the old achive has been used as the reason for all the secretacy I think its a red herring for a power struggle.

Its certainaly hasnt been worth what we have now, two forums, total confusion, mistrust, and vague promises of being told what is happening in the future,.

I think that sums up my feeling on the sunbect quite well too.

It would be good if it does and we can all move back but until Les and Tony feel that's in our best interrests I'm staying here.

They are the ones I trust in all this too.

I think the way Les is being excluded from an admin job (and any other old school mods not getting their jobs back too) at the exLRE/newLRA place if that becomes 'the' forum stinks.....what was it Flyer Dave said 'power struggle'.

It should be the members forum, not anyone elses, funded by the members for the members, and decorum kept by a group of mods who are supported by the members. That'd be nice, but will it happen?

After all that I have read over the last few weeks, the one thing I hope and believe is that this side of the LRA dividing fence has been truthful and thought-out for it's members who emigrated from LRE.

I for one agree that the seperation from the old LRE forums has brought a fresh start to the forum and going back to the ex-LRE-LRA will feel like being asked back into the school class after being told to stand outside for ten minutes for being naughty <_<

Our Ednotion link only has LRF at present as a link, so our title of LRA could change to something else, it would be nice to have something at least that seperates us from the ex-LRE-LRA forum to settle at least that confusion