Red RR Evoque Stuck in the mud... did anyone see this?

Maverik

I got a call from my dad a few months ago now asking "do you know what kind of problems you might encounter if you took an Evoque wadeing..."

My Uncle's not long retired so he thought he'd buy himself a wee toy... having a Mr invincible complex the obvious happend...

Suffice to say it wasn't very well when it came out...

I just love the defenders looming in the background...

Did anyone witness this at all? He lives in Brighton, it looks like its a pay and play somewhere doon south...

Mav

post-20087-0-13409900-1355387396_thumb.jpeg

post-20087-0-75227700-1355387445_thumb.jpeg

post-20087-0-51511700-1355387460_thumb.jpeg

I think Aberdeen should be renamed evoque. I remember just after they came out i was up there for a course and the damned things were everywhere.

Fair play for going in that 'puddle'. I wouldn't put my ford in it and thats on 35" mud terrains LOL (it's a tart bus in reality) !

G

Evidently everyone wanted to watch him go in... i can see why! - evidently the engine never stalled it just lost traction... i wonder why... :ph34r: but he's been haveing heaps of trouble with the transmission as the muddy water evidently seeped right into the gearbox etc... i'm just asking him for the details.

So funny, this would be the 3rd vehicle he's managed to get stuck in water...

That look a bit like Goeff T from Mud Monsters looking at it ??

Not me guv, I have more hair for a start !

Funny enough tho, I was sent these images on the 15th of Aug, looks like the same incident and the number plate matches, it was claimed it was a site near Peterborough, but of course it could be anywhere.

Evoque2.jpg

Evoque1.jpg

HAHA, brilliant!!! - that would be my uncle in the pink shirt, well here's a little update of the ongoing repairs...

"It was at 'Slindon Safari' which is a pay and go event once a month. (see below) Unfortunately there had been heavy rain the night before and although we were supposed to be on the 'Novice Route' suitable for all 4X4 vehicles with road tyres we obviously ended up on the hard core route by mistake! The car is manual and the damage to date has been new alternator, starter motor and seal for the gearbox bell housing. Also the aircon evaporator tube got full of sand so that has had to be cleaned a couple of times. Having said that the damage could have been a lot worse as it was under water for at least 30 minutes before we got winched out.

I managed to drive it home without the clutch working and as everything electric shut down around me as the battery ran flat. That means just about everything these days with a Land Rover. After 3/4 hours cleaning the car looked much better but it still needed to be recovered by the AA from my drive. Much better than the quarry of course.

You live and learn"

:D - you guys have made my day.

No, someone else's. I shared it on my timeline and set the privacy to 'public' then took the link from my timeline. I assume there is not much else I can do?

Chris

Edit: It appears that the author has the privacy set to 'Friends of friends' so perhaps that is the problem, I have asked if he will change it.