ibex 300 build

This one was originally red with a black rim so not much better.

The wheel is a mach 5 beadlock wheel this one has a clamp ring sandwiched between the outer rim and main wheel. The other 4 have the clamp ring welded to the main part of the wheel and it's just the outer rim that bolts on.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

The wheel boxes in the back have an angle on them which does give more space but it means nothing sits on them. I want to be able to mount the fridge there for trips. Que some bent aluminium, rivets, a bungee and some bobbin's to locate the feet.

20190717_080813.thumb.jpg.3aad25fed378e2b4513207a0217e9c74.jpg

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the transfer box replacement hasn't been entirely smooth, Smooth being the operative word. After I changed the box I noticed a vibration between 40 and 50 mph. At first I thought uj but on further investigation I spotted an oscillation on the hand brake drum. Tonight I stripped it out and put a clock on the rear out put flange, sure enough something isn't right. Turns out the output shaft is bent, Lord knows how :moglite:. Yes you can get the shaft out with the box in the car and no I probably shouldn't of done what I have. I didn't have time to strip the other box and I don't really want to in case this one fails. So out with some vee blocks and the clock, yep it's definitely bent. Of coarse I didn't mark the high spot and put it in my press :blink: I wouldn't do that would I :ph34r:. Anyway it's back together now and I'll test drive it on my way to work in the morning.

Mike

• Like 4