o_teunico

bluespanner

I was thinking about Land Rovers in gereral... Who needs them. I reckon i could be quite competitive at winch challenge in a standard Fiesta with the appropriate winches bolted on here and there.

I am beginning to think I should have bought a Peugeot Partner van and never bothered with my project car, could have bought a fairly recent one with lots of toys and probably had a decent holiday with what I have shelled out so far.....

I hope he does build something and shares his creation with us, would be good to see but at this rate it might be a year or three before we get past the idea stage :hysterical:

I do wonder where he came from before found us?

But that said, His posts certainly provoke a great deal of technical thought,

I personally like the cross-pollination in the threads,

I certainly have a much better understanding of walking beam suspension now, and I wonder how else a praga v3 would have made it on here.

I do wonder where he came from before found us?

But that said, His posts certainly provoke a great deal of technical thought,

I personally like the cross-pollination in the threads,

I certainly have a much better understanding of walking beam suspension now, and I wonder how else a praga v3 would have made it on here.

I agree, loads of ideas and interesting things I've now read up on since he's posted about them.

Nothing wrong with a bit of vapour ;)

Oh, a thread with my name! I´m feeling now important ;)

Will I build ever something real, not just "vapour"? Certainly yes. When? Who knows...

Now I have all the time in the world for thinking (and sharing) all my crazy ideas. To my surprisen some of them are not so crazy, and have been built decades ago, like the belly halftrack.

modified-chevrolet-truck-1927.jpg?fx=r_5

All I have now is a Discovery with a broken engine, no money and a fu**ink local regulation that bannes :banned: all my ideas if I want a road going car.

p4161492pq.jpg

A guy with a 1999 BMW 328ci, with pick-up body conversion, has contacted the engineering company I talked to. He has been asked for a second car, with same body moddification, for crash-testing it. Absolutely senseless! And they cannot assure that the second destroyed car will pass the test with an "OK".

I have even thought about simply buying a cheap small car (Fiat Cinquecento or similar) and forgeting about a road going Discovery. My brother followed that route and uses a Lancia Y10 for road and a Santana ,with no paperwork, for playing arround the farm.

Another important part is that all this crazy ideas, and all the feedback from the LR4x4 community, are keeping my brain busy, and not thinking in this crisis we are suffering.

More crazy ideas will come soon: Discovery forward control, Discovery waterproof motorhome that floats and doubles as a boat... :rofl:

Will he ever build anything?

doubt it! :lol:

o_teunico, why not just make 1 thread, instead of making 6 everyday that only a has 1 picture of (usually) some awful 'creation'. and have it as your only inspiration/mind-map/discussion tread. then if you ever build something, make 1 more thread in the members section. that way, you only have 2 topics, instead of 76547589087656908976 different ones. :hysterical::lol:

and a fu**ink local regulation that bannes :banned: all my ideas if I want a road going car.

I have a suggestion!

How about starting with something like a Suzuki Carry flat bed truck - then build a vehicle with long hydraulic extending wheel pods mounted on the back of the truck. On the road, the legs are folded (like a spider's legs) and it's just a truck with an unusual load. Off road, the wheel pods unfold and lift the truck wheels off the ground. Use hydraulic motors to drive the wheels and power all the hydraulics from the truck engine via a PTO / crank shaft.

That way, the truck stays standard (ish) for legal purposes - but can still be uber-cool as an off roader!

Si

I think O Teunico's posts can be quite inspirational, in fact at least one member has been inspired enough to seriously contemplate building a 6x6 Landrover based on some of the accumulated data/experience from O.T's introductory thread.

I can understand why he won't commence any build at this stage, what with being unemployed in a country experiencing a serious economic crisis, in addition to having highly restrictive vehicle modification regulations.

If I had his photoshop skills i would probably build vapour projects all day.

O.T, how about you form a lobby group with some of your local residents to pressure your local council to lower the road under that stupid bridge? Then you can just fix the engine in your Disco and just concentrate on improving its offroad credentials.

In case no one has noticed, this 'International' forum and the 'modified vehicle' forum has been fairly static for the past few weeks, so it does no harm to throw a few different ideas out there.

I think O Teunico's posts can be quite inspirational, in fact at least one member has been inspired enough to seriously contemplate building a 6x6 Landrover based on some of the accumulated data/experience from O.T's introductory thread.

I can understand why he won't commence any build at this stage, what with being unemployed in a country experiencing a serious economic crisis, in addition to having highly restrictive vehicle modification regulations.

If I had his photoshop skills i would probably build vapour projects all day.

O.T, how about you form a lobby group with some of your local residents to pressure your local council to lower the road under that stupid bridge? Then you can just fix the engine in your Disco and just concentrate on improving its offroad credentials.

In case no one has noticed, this 'International' forum and the 'modified vehicle' forum has been fairly static for the past few weeks, so it does no harm to throw a few different ideas out there.

Same across all the forums I think Bill, trouble is there are just too many out there and with so many of the problems we have with our vehicle already being so well documented on various forums and especially on this particular forum, a few minutes of google searching can yield all the answers you need, unless you are into something really heavy such as the extreme modding and comp side of things there tends to be little new to be discussed.......

I am disappointed to say the least to read such negative public comments about another forum member's posts. It strikes me as poor etiquette, especially when a member of the admin team joins in.

I don't see what the OP's intention was in starting this topic, I hope it wasn't negative.

I am pleased to see there are plenty of members who like myself do appreciate the stirrings of our Spanish friend's grey cells.

As already commented, his posts have evoked plenty of discussion from some well respected technical people on here, as well as other vapour builders.

I am envious of the time he has to think up these ideas, mad-cap or otherwise. However I am not envious of his employment status, and hope that it changes before too long, thus enabling funding to transform his vapour plans into reality.

It wasn't long ago that certain members were complaining about this forum becoming rather stagnant. Now we have someone changing all that, and some don't like it. Those members are going the right way to losing valuable contributors to this forum's content.

IMO I think o teunico's posts are well written, especially considering his first language is not English. They are well researched, and illustrated to get the intended concept across. If the image is is low-res, does it matter? A small picture can still often convey more than words can.

Please o-teunico, do not be put off by this thread. I shall continue to enjoy your ideas, and look forward to the next posts, but hopefully not because you are having to defend yourself and your ideas.

If you are referring to me then I have not 'joined in' or submitted any negative comments in this matter :rtfm:

Steve, it seems I misinterpreted your post, so I apologise.

Do that then we can merge all the existing crazy / dumb ideas into it.

I just read your comment as agreeing that his ideas were dumb, but having re-read this thread I see that you have simply repeated o_teunico's own words.

Criticism (in your case) retracted ;)

I am disappointed to say the least to read such negative public comments about another forum member's posts

MickeyW, thank you very much for your post.

I have to say that I have never seen this thread as something negative. I thought that "one idea=one thread" was OK, but putting all ideas in just one thread can also be positive.

I have gained lots of knowldgements in this forum, and hope to keep doing it in the future. Bill´s drop box made out of series transfer box parts is something I would like to build in a near future.

I love real builds, like Dirtydiesel´s Jeep, but, at the moment, all I can give to this forum is just "vapour".

It will be great to see more ideas and "vapour builds" from other members in the new "pass the bucket" thread.

Steve, it seems I misinterpreted your post, so I apologise.

I just read your comment as agreeing that his ideas were dumb, but having re-read this thread I see that you have simply repeated o_teunico's own words.

Criticism (in your case) retracted ;)

Apology accepted ;)