Mercedes om606 engine

I am looking for a standard pump to start with I just want to get the engine in and running. I was struggling to find any breakers who had any.

Just out of interest what is the outright price of a DieselMeken pump?

£950ish I think they are.

I bought a M pump for £250 off ebay. Had a local chap quote me "about a grand" to swap the 6mm elements into it.

Turns out its a hell of a lot cheaper to buy a dieselmeken pump from the offset.

Hi

Are you still looking for a om603 pump there one on ebay at the moment for £200 bought one from them myself for my conversion

Richard

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. This pump would definitely need an element upgrade as it is only 109BHP as standard and the torque comes in quite late as well. It's a great starting point if you want to change the elements straight away. I was actually looking for a turbo pump but these seem to be very rare in the UK :(.

Out of interest, how easy is it to get the immobiliser removed from the ECU and to get it running like that?

There is someone on STD that supplies a kit (Think it was about £400 from memory), can't remember his name but I think if you search for boats you'll find the thread on it.

Out of interest, how easy is it to get the immobiliser removed from the ECU and to get it running like that?

I just did it for a friend who is fitting 2 x om606's into old G-wagens.

With Hoss's advice I purhcased a $US20 circuit called "CR1 IMMO Emulator" available from many sources. These come with some basic instructions.

Its pretty fiddy to say the least.

Required:

CR1 IMMO Emulator circuit

Hot air gun to de-solder small chip from ECU (look at youtube for desoldering methods)

Programmer (I bought a ebay one called "EEPROM Flash BIOS USB Programmer w/ Software Driver MA CH341A" for $AU4.50

Drivers and software for programmer, called "CH341 Programmer"

A fine 20W soldering iron

Here are the steps:

1. open up the factory ECU and solder 4 wires between spots on the ECU to the new circuit

2. the hardest bit, it a small surface mount EEPROM chip needs to be desoldered from the back of the ECU (using a hot air gun)

An EEPROM is a type of chip which contains data

3. solder the EEPROM chip onto another board so it can be put in the USB programmer

4. the USB programmer is then attached to computer, driver files installed and the programming software started

5. 4xmemory locations on the EEPROM chip need to be changed using the software

6. de-solder the EEPROM chip from the programmer and solder it back into the ECU

7. put 12V to pin 13 on the ECU

8. thats it, the engine should start, run and accellerate

Circuit which diables the immobiliser:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0PkzRm0Q2yI/VU3BniBF1qI/AAAAAAAAZ9s/eObqx8wwEQk/s725-no/immo%2Bcr1.jpg

USB programmer:

usb%2Bprogrammer.JPG

My own G-wagen has a mechanical pump which has had the dieselmeken treatment.

• Like 1

For someone with very little electronic experience a detailed version of mbz460 description would be great. It's the little bits that are left out that would have me in a swearing mess pulling out what little hair I have left.....

I will be doing another one soon so will get more detailed pictures and instructions.

I will understand if the moderators prefer I dont go into detail though, as disabling an immobiliser could be considered a bit "nefarious"

Last used in production in 2001, so I would almost be tempted to say that it wouldn't really matter to just about anyone any more.... plus Merc's of that age rust badly IME, so not likely to be many that are long-term keepers.

Does mean a plentiful supply of engines for projects like this though :)

Had a local chap quote me "about a grand" to swap the 6mm elements into it

Aparently you can build at home an hybrid pump using parts from both EDC and mechanical pump.

As they said in other forum "Ta-da! Mechanical 6mm OM60X pump for the price of a few seals" ^_^

Have a look at http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/159894/rover-series-ongoing-project-om606?page=3

Pump is from a 5 pot going into a Rover P6B. Same owner runs a SIII with OM606.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question and hopefully an easy answer.

I have the chance of getting a e300 '96 non turbo for very little money the w210 model. Standard it's 140 bhp approx. Is it much of a job to modify it to accept a turbo. Also is the pump mechanical or the more modern electronic. The only reason I am looking at it is because it's very cheap and only 140k miles. I have not seen the car yet as its a 2 hr drive so just want to make sure of my facts before i buy it.It's going into rrc 2 door.

Thanks