What the f**k is wrong with people?

Tetsu0san

Fog. It's foggy. That means that visibility is reduced. So, lights on? Yes?

Why are there still people around that are too f**king stupid to realise this and that they should put their lights on? And why are there people even more stupid to only put their sidelights on? Having 2 small candles on the front of the car make's all the difference. I appreciate that the rear lights are now lit, but come on.

All I now have to look forward to are the people who STILL have their rear fog lights on in June. Brilliant.

Rant over.

Sorry.

Yeh, lost count of how many grey or silver cars with no lights that blended in with the fog/mist this morning.

It annoys me that people think that a car is just something you sit in without needing to understand what and how it does stuff. As I am not working right now I get to see all the daytime idiots. Last night I was waiting in a lay by for my wife to get off a train when this woman pulls in front of me and reverses back to ensure she can get out again. As she reverses closer I beep her to stop, she doesn't, I beep again she carries on. Third beep she stops but then gets nearer, once my wife is in the car I can't pull on to the road cos of madam in front so indicating right I beep her harder but she refuses to pull forward. I have to do a three point turn basically to pull out.

Ahhhh my rant over.

At the age of 43 I'm getting less and less tolerant of the less common sensed individuals that we have on this planet,( I can't explain fully on here as the swear filter would block it all out lol) I drive round with my headlights on day and night and so far it's saved less educated persons pulling out on me on numerous occasions and also saved them from connecting with my winch bumper too, I was on the M3 about a week ago and the weather was getting bad with the rain and getting towards evening time and people still didn't have any form of lighting on-including side lights

The world I'm afraid Is full of Dick-heads :angry2:

John

The big problem is, most modern cars have automatic lights and people just leave it on auto all the time, must admit I do. Although its foggy it is bright so the lights don't activate and you have to turn auto off to put your light on.

Just general drivers been to stupid to look at the conditions and alter their driving.

I do think side light should be band, or made to they can only be used if stationary as they are useless.

Thats why us bikers ride about with dip beam permanently on. When cocks pull out in front of us ("because they didnt see us") it can easily kill.....

Ah well, this is potentially another one. I agree that most bikers have dip on all the time, and I applaud them for that. But some have main beam on all the time and that can blind a driver and could cause more problems. I am a biker myself and it winds me up.

And, in the advent of new and improved LED lights, the amount of cyclists that have really good front lights that just f**king light up the whole road and shines right in a drivers face is again bloody annoying. Surely a cyclist should know about being blinded by drivers headlights, so why not be considerate when it's the other way around? Especially when they are on the wrong side of the road as they are on a cycle lane.

AND when there is a perfectly good cycle lane, why to some cyclists not f**king use them? The whole idea is to keep cyclists off the road as it's safer for them and others, so why is there always some w**ker in rush hour traffic riding on the road next to a cycle lane? Again, as a cyclist myself I and when I am on my bike, 'undertaking' a cyclist who is on the road while I am on the cycle path, I make a point of telling the f**kwits that they are f**kwits.

The thing is, I am actually in a good mood today.

The most annoying road users are tractors, loads where I live that seem to have just one high mounted central head light, which as well as blinding you stops you been able to work out just how big the tractor is. Not fun on single track roads

Ah well, this is potentially another one. I agree that most bikers have dip on all the time, and I applaud them for that. But some have main beam on all the time and that can blind a driver and could cause more problems. I am a biker myself and it winds me up.

Your probably mistaken. Big bikes have really powerful headlights. They have to. When im on dip beam its amazing how many cars coming the other way flash me thinking im on full beam. This really p!sses me off so when i DO REALLY put the full beam on, you can see the inside of their car light up!

Anyhoo i was actually agreeing with you about pilchards pulling out on you, therefore im with you on keeping your lights on all the time.....

What really gets me are the increasing number of people who seem to think it is a good idea to join a motorway at around 40 mph!! I was taught to try and match your speed to that of the traffic you are joining, but at the same time being prepared to slow down or even stop if need be. Joining a motorway at a speed significantly lower that the traffic already on it is madness!!!

...and seeing as it is rant time! The other thing that gets me is plonkers who park 2 millimeters from the back of my Defender!! This can be really annoying at DIY stores (and sometimes also supermarkets on the rare occasions I use the Defender for shopping trips!)

What really gets me are the increasing number of people who seem to think it is a good idea to join a motorway at around 40 mph!! I was taught to try and match your speed to that of the traffic you are joining, but at the same time being prepared to slow down or even stop if need be. Joining a motorway at a speed significantly lower that the traffic already on it is madness!!!

...and seeing as it is rant time! The other thing that gets me is plonkers who park 2 millimeters from the back of my Defender!! This can be really annoying at DIY stores (and sometimes also supermarkets on the rare occasions I use the Defender for shopping trips!)

Totally agree with you steve. In fact going back to bikes, i remember when i was doing my lessons roughly 20 years ago. There was a bit of dual carriageway that was 60mph. The instructor said that anyone that wasnt joining at carriageway speed would have a major mark against them during the test. I was never told that on my car lessons.....

Your probably mistaken. Big bikes have really powerful headlights. They have to. When im on dip beam its amazing how many cars coming the other way flash me thinking im on full beam. This really p!sses me off so when i DO REALLY put the full beam on, you can see the inside of their car light up!

Anyhoo i was actually agreeing with you about pilchards pulling out on you, therefore im with you on keeping your lights on all the time.....

Powerful headlights is one thing, incorrectly adjusted lights are another. Even if you have very powerful lights they should not blind anyone and without getting into an argument I would say that maybe your lights are too high. With incorrectly adjusted lights even dip can shine into someone's eyes and appear as if they are on main beam and if you are being flashed regularly then something must be wrong. And you see this all the time nowadays (oh no, here comes another rant) where a cars headlight is pointing in the wrong direction and this down to either the headlight has been knocked or the bulb has not been put in properly. The latter is usually the case because car manufactures make it damn near impossible to change a bulb without either using an endoscope or having a deformed hand.

Powerful headlights is one thing, incorrectly adjusted lights are another. Even if you have very powerful lights they should not blind anyone and without getting into an argument I would say that maybe your lights are too high. With incorrectly adjusted lights even dip can shine into someone's eyes and appear as if they are on main beam and if you are being flashed regularly then something must be wrong. And you see this all the time nowadays (oh no, here comes another rant) where a cars headlight is pointing in the wrong direction and this down to either the headlight has been knocked or the bulb has not been put in properly. The latter is usually the case because car manufactures make it damn near impossible to change a bulb without either using an endoscope or having a deformed hand.

Nope. My lights are perfectly adjusted. Also just through mot. Just a lot of anti-biker d!cks out there like to flash them for having their lights on all the time. If the majority of car drivers opened their eyes from time to time, bikers wouldnt put their lights on permanently.

Anyway i think were digressing a little. Apart from that i agree with everything you've said :)

I do think side light should be band, or made to they can only be used if stationary as they are useless.

“Side light” would be a rubbish name for a band…. :P

But more seriously, check your up-to-date copy of the Highway Code….sidelights are only for use in lit areas, below 30 mph, or when stationary.

Don’t forget, it’s because people are apparently incapable of using their headlights+sidelights properly that the EU legislated to introduce daytime running lights (DRLs) for all new vehicle type approvals.

Initially I was against it, but the more I see them the more I think it’s a good idea.

Matt

Agree to disagree. I am sure there are plenty of other gripes we can agree on. Like f**kers who drive 40mph everywhere, no matter what the road is. I followed one on the way home last night, and although that was annoying enough, slowing to 30 to go past cars coming the other way was really annoying. The bloke in front of me overtook this prat on double solid lines which was also f**king stupid.

It amazes me that some people manage to have their fog-lights on all the time when they're not needed, and manage to find some way of disabling even the now standard-equipment daytime running lights when the visibility is bad.

I reckon there should be a stiff penalty for either offence as at best it's inconsiderate, and IMHO it demonstrates an inability to correctly operate your vehicle.

Don’t forget, it’s because people are apparently incapable of using their headlights+sidelights properly that the EU legislated to introduce daytime running lights (DRLs) for all new vehicle type approvals.

Initially I was against it, but the more I see them the more I think it’s a good idea.

Matt

I have to agree with you Matt-hence why I drive round with my headlights on day or night

In a recent crash in kent, were about a hundred cars colided in the fog, one of the reasons for the crash the police stated to be the cause, and I qoute: 'most people dont know which switch to use to switch on the fog lights'.

Here, I got my point accross without swearing.

Daan

Trouble with DRL is the dozy +insert your own expletive+ think that cos the DRL's are on and in most cases the dash is lit up like a Christmas tree everything is fine.... of course the back ... well who cares if the back lights are on.......

DRLs are half of the damn problem, people think a light is on so it must be ok.

I think I almost burned out my high beams and LED bar flashing people with either no lights on, or their fogs still burning holes in my retinas in a queue :glare:

It's time a simple system was introduced. All cars, irrespective of age, should have their tail and headlights on whenever the engine is running. No DRLs, as they are front end only. With fog lights, get caught with them on during clear weather or off in poor conditions and you get one warning. Get caught again and you get a 12 month ban. get caught again and that's it - banned for life.

The problem with British roads is not their capacity or maintenance budget but excessive amount of vehicles in the country. Its way beyond time to start thinning them out by rigorous, or even vicious, application of the rules and withdrawl of driving privileges based on driver ability and attitude. Cars driven uninsured, untaxed or with no MoT should be confiscated and auctioned off. Unqualified or suspended drivers caught behind the wheel should have their legs broken and all their assets stripped as punishment for attempted murder. That'd get some of the idiots off the roads.

It's time a simple system was introduced. All cars, irrespective of age, should have their tail and headlights on whenever the engine is running. No DRLs, as they are front end only. With fog lights, get caught with them on during clear weather or off in poor conditions and you get one warning. Get caught again and you get a 12 month ban. get caught again and that's it - banned for life.

The problem with British roads is not their capacity or maintenance budget but excessive amount of vehicles in the country. Its way beyond time to start thinning them out by rigorous, or even vicious, application of the rules and withdrawl of driving privileges based on driver ability and attitude. Cars driven uninsured, untaxed or with no MoT should be confiscated and auctioned off. Unqualified or suspended drivers caught behind the wheel should have their legs broken and all their assets stripped as punishment for attempted murder. That'd get some of the idiots off the roads.

I thought I was harsh this morning, but that is just awesome!

Just another thought though, when visibility is low the rear fog lights should be on when there is nothing obvious behind you, but once someone actually comes up behind you I feel they should be switched off. All a fog light does is (again) blind the person behind you when they are close enough to see you. And I can't actually remember the last car (ignoring the present 110) that didn't switch off the fog lights when the lights were switched off but there are loads that obviously don't have this feature.

But it seems that people just get in a car and go rather than actually taking part in the whole driving experience. They have no idea as to the basic fundamentals of what a car is, how it works and how it affects others. Selfish, inconsiderate and ignorant.