What Parts Are These?

Happened upon this pic on t'internet...

Was wondering if anyone was familiar with the strengthening bars on the doors? It appears that the lower of the two incorporates the door handle and locks, so additional security as well. Every defender could benefit from additional security in this area methinks...

post-4644-0-82031600-1395216232_thumb.jpg

The vehicle is Turkish, my Turkish is non existent but I think it might belong to a Turkish footballer..... although I'm probably wrong.

Earlier versions of the same vehicle can be seen on the following two links

http://www.offroadhaber.com/ozel-off-road-haber/anadolu-kaplani-da-boggerlandi-h339.html

and

http://www.offroadcuyuz.com/off-road-lastik-tire/4664-4250-x1350-16-bogger-lastik-ve-defender-110-anadolu-kaplani/

I wonder how effective these door sliders really are?

If they are used in anger wouldn't they just spread the force from the skin to the door frame, and then onto the tub/bulkhead? I'd worry that the tub would buckle!

It's like bullbars, sure, they protect the lights, but in any significant impact, they may do more damage than otherwise.

G.

You may be right, but the majority of damage to doors I've suffered is due to the handles being swept off by trees, rocks, earth, without the rest of the door being affected. They look a good idea to me!

Si

looking at the pictures the wheels don't seem to be pointing in the same direction either, although that could just be the angle of the picture.

I've been in one of the Iceland exploration vehicles, they bear no resemblance to this, they are very minimalist in there design, just well engineered to carry the large wheels.

I've been in one of the Iceland exploration vehicles, they bear no resemblance to this, they are very minimalist in there design, just well engineered to carry the large wheels.

Hmmmm. You sure?

Huge arches - check. Huge wheels/tyres - check. Winch bumper/winch - check. Roofrack - check. Big spotlights - check. Snorkel - check. No radio boxes mind you... :)

post-4644-0-59239900-1395238647_thumb.jpg

You may be right, but the majority of damage to doors I've suffered is due to the handles being swept off by trees, rocks, earth, without the rest of the door being affected. They look a good idea to me!

Si

Early Defender one piece lift up handle doors are the way forward! ^_^

I actually like the look of the lift handle doors, how much work is it to fit them and replace the newer push button type.

They fit straight on, you just need to source a different latch to fit to the body to shut the door. Have a look at my build thread from here:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=76471&p=717555

I even retro fitted the latter door card.

Steve

http://www.lrsshop.co.uk/content/corsetti-engineering-front-door-sliders

I may be very wrong, haven't had one of those Coiler Defender thingys for a while, let alone one new enough to have push buttons! but the way I see it using a key in that door will prove very difficult because of the small opening in the "treeslider"

Honestly why not just fit some proper lift-up handles instead and be done with it?

Hat, coat...