A Land Rover in the news.

discomikey

Hahaha! I'm no Brit, so of course I see this from a different perspective, BUT. If the kids crawl under it and indeed run around on top of it! Are they not putting themselves to danger?, then you would have to cut down all trees because they will climb up then and potentially fall down and get hurt :D :D

Excuse me but that is just stupid!

• Like 1

The wheels were probably taken off to stop the do as you likeys taking it away. As for Mr Gathern's 11 year old being a 'typical boy' and climbing all over it I might take my 11 year old typical boy round to Mr Gathern's and see if he minds my typical boy climbing all over his BMW/Audi/Merc etc etc.

• Like 1

For goodness sakes, I had a browse of the comments beneath, OMG!!!

This one caught my eye in particular though

Olde English wrote:

I had a similar problem last year Police not interested Council not interested even tho i poimted out the potential danger regarding petrol & Children(which never go together too well!)
So the way i got round it was i saw a scrap lorry in a nearby street and asked them to come and take it away........it was gone the same day!!!

Not sure this believable but what would be happening to his car whilst he was on his holidays if he did that to anything belonging to me would be very interesting :)

I thought scrap men were getting tighter about log books and stuff, or money talks bull s##t walks in that industry still :rolleyes:

Sorry, but leaving a vehicle on the public highway on axle stands is dumb and IMHO a bit irresponsible.

Completely agree, and i wouldnt do it. BUT. For the guy in the paper to claim it posed a danger to his kid and friends? Hmmmm. They shouldnt be near it anyway.

Maybe the owner had wheels away for refurb or something? Always better up a driveway or garage but maybe the guy didnt have that luxury?

Sorry, but leaving a vehicle on the public highway on axle stands is dumb and IMHO a bit irresponsible.

Unfortunately that location is less than a mile away from a pikey camp and I don't blame him for trying to prevent it disappearing. The Police flatly refuse to go in there!

i agree, i dont like axle stands at the best of times, let alone it being sat up on 4 (decidedly small ones).

i could imagine one good shove from the back or front by a couple of 'interested' teenagers would see it on the floor.

It's not ideal socially or otherwise, if I'm honest if it was on my street I'd complain because it's a bloody eyesore. But I'd go to the guy privately. Not to the cops, and I certainly wouldn't entertain any press - that's just being a pompous self righteous coconut (delete letters where appropriate). He's is perfectly within his rights and being bullied by some petty idiots who should be able to teach their children that another person's property should be respected.

By the by, even those small stands tend to be rated to 2t each minimum

EDIT: I think I'll make my next million selling bubble wrap to all the poor parents out there fighting in the struggle to protect their little ones. :rolleyes:

Reading the comments attached to the story the guy reporting it is getting pretty well condemed by most people.

I agree it doesn't look the best and if it was reported as visually a mess then it would be fair enough although if that had happened I doubt if the Police would have got involved at all, it becomes a purely social issue, you can complain but at the end of the day nothing you can do about it. If it has tax, MOT and insurance it is allowed to be parked on the public highway unless it is causing an obstruction.

To complain about it as a hazard is rubbish unless it can be proven the axle stands are not rated correctly or in place correctly, and frankly any kid that climbs on it or under it needs reporting to the Police and if the complainant things climbing on other peoples cars is normal then I hope he doesn't complain when his car is smashed up by kids or the owner of the dicovery climbing on it!.

As for some of the comments about deliberately pushing it off the stands or getting it taken away for scrap, that definately would be a case for the police.