can anyone recommend good insurance?

Tom17

don't bother with Lancaster, had been with them for three years with my 90 then the year before last they sent me my renewal that said they was unable to insure the 90 anymore, when I called them they couldn't give me a reason why , so i told them to stuff it and went with Adrian flux, who even had no issues with the 90 getting its v8 didn't even want anymore monies, funnily enough tho Lancaster sent me a letter a month go saying they had missed me :hysterical: crikey they where the one's who refused to renew the insurance

flux I've been with before and did come up reasonable cheap. thanks for all the suggestions. had a very reasonably priced quote with footman james classic car insurance. not sure what the cut of year is to define it was classic but by far the cheapest for anybodys future reference to this thread.

Footman James won't allow you to build a no claims on that policy. This should be an important factor at your age.

They messed me around something rotten claiming that a twelve seat 110 was a modification, (it came like this from the factory) and that removing the seats would be another modification that they wouldn't cover! They were idiots who don't know land rovers.

Flux or nfu for me.

I'm currently with AF and the decision was based on two factors, first ease with which they coped with modifications and secondly price.

I have been lucky so far but when reading these type of threads I always think that the real question should be directed only to those people that have *made a claim* which insurance do they recommend...

When I renewed with AF many years ago, o asked if they still had the 2 pages of modifications on the policy, the reply was 'what modifications?'....

Academy insured me no matter what mods I did to it, and covered off road as well.

When I renewed with AF many years ago, o asked if they still had the 2 pages of modifications on the policy, the reply was 'what modifications?'....

Academy insured me no matter what mods I did to it, and covered off road as well.

Now that wouldn’t fill you with confidence :-)

I've only done three renewals with AF and second / third year they sent me a print out detailing the mods and asking me to confirm them, when I wanted to make a mild mid stream change they were ok - no charge etc although I decided not to do the mod in the end anyway.

I have read a few negative comments about AF but not experienced any issue myself.

Before that I was with an AON classic policy with all manner of series / 90/110 and RRC at the same time all with mods big engines, suspension, brakes, winches, cages etc.. etc... and they were easy to deal with. This time round, ten years later when I went to them with a fairly standard 90 in a rural postcode and garaged - it was like I had a Bugatti and a drink drive ban!

I think that it very much depends which branch you deal with and who you talk to. I've never managed to get insurance completely online and always ended up on the phone. NFU main office have been useless, branch office helpful. AF totally useless, likewise Lancaster - silly prices despite clean history/license, near standard 110 CSW and low annual mileage. Currently with Elephant.

Adrian Flux & NFU. Phone and double check what mods the cover includes and what others you will have to list with them. Also some company's will give you discounts if you fit trackers, steering wheel locks etc especially if they approved.

90 is with AF on an agreed value policy with all mods declared, I did note only 6 were on the certificate when it arrived but a swift call confirmed that it can only take 6 when printed but the rest were listed on their system. Been with them for quite a while now through various performance cars and motorbikes. I've used Admiral in the past who don't really mind modifications but will only replace with standard spec should a claim arise.

I tried Lancaster when putting the 90 on the road and they were nearly 3 times AF and has loads of weird clauses in their quote. Found it quite amusing when they called to see if I still required their services and that they could beat any quote...they couldn't .

My experience of NFU has been brilliant. I had to claim after an accident that wrote the car off and they were absolutely brilliant. They offered a very fair value, were quick, helpful and polite.

They may not be the cheapest - but in terms of the service you get when you need to claim, I can't imagine anyone getting any better.