7 minutes ago, muddy said:

Weld a length of 8mm bar bent to the path of the brake line and then you can cable tie the brake line to the top side of it.

I like that idea it would also prevent brake line from getting crushed

Regards Stephen

9 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

So, @Stellaghost... Summer Sisters announced for 24/25 June, gonna make it?

Dates, great I don't suppose September/ October dates are out soon ???

Looking at my Rota Saturday is out but Sunday isnt, will need to see if I can arrange anything as it would be an 800 mile round trip for one day

Regards Stephen

54 minutes ago, muddy said:

Weld a length of 8mm bar bent to the path of the brake line and then you can cable tie the brake line to the top side of it.

Have done this on the challenge truck with some rebar on the rear brake lines. Works well and helps prevent them getting damaged

55 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Dates, great I don't suppose September/ October dates are out soon ???

It's usually end of september.

55 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Looking at my Rota Saturday is out but Sunday isnt, will need to see if I can arrange anything as it would be an 800 mile round trip for one day

We've done worse, but yeah, no fun. Best to wait for September then I would say.

32 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Is that likely to be a permanent thing? :( Are they limiting vehicle numbers at all? Or would it make sense to run an even with a couple of clubs together?

Don't know at this stage - basically they've had issues with damage including someone being out of bounds & causing damage which then cost them money to put right, so can't really blame them for being cheesed off at that.

Nothing about limiting numbers, the current news is they're restricting it to the "dryer" months (in Wales! :rofl:) this year and going to re-assess before next time.

By the looks of it no-one is there beyond August (off-road anyway) so joining in with another club may not gain anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Don't know at this stage - basically they've had issues with damage including someone being out of bounds & causing damage which then cost them money to put right, so can't really blame them for being cheesed off at that.

Nothing about limiting numbers, the current news is they're restricting it to the "dryer" months (in Wales! :rofl:) this year and going to re-assess before next time.

By the looks of it no-one is there beyond August (off-road anyway) so joining in with another club may not gain anything.

Well I guess see how next year pans out but is it perhaps on the cards to consider having an earlier in the season one and an August one if that holds out? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Last one done

20230120_112546.thumb.jpg.cdf95b2a20d941a9c31a9bfc55f32f25.jpg

then you get another issue cannot fit reserve reservoir like this

20230120_112608.thumb.jpg.3328813ee87e1ee2c432e4eda86704e2.jpg

Because steering shaft is in the way

20230120_112555.thumb.jpg.3e93f908dd55142d424655bc4401dd0f.jpg

so will need to relocate both elsewhere

You could make it into a left hand driven vehicle. That would sort the steeringshaft 😎🙈... ish... 🙂

I am sure you will find a neat solution. -is there anything wrong with making the connection longer so you can place the reservoir further from the damper?

/mads