Overland caravan build

9 minutes ago, Daan said:

Just sit outside, drink wine, observe others caravans an see how you compare, it is the done thing here.  We are leading the retro chart here with the 30 year old kip, that we borrowed from my parents:image.thumb.jpeg.7e5f5bd7519982610773522d6d134a8c.jpeg

How dare you, Daan...    you need at least 20 to 30 grand extention on your mortgage And remote movers so you don't have to learn to drive.   😁😁😁   

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

If you can be bothered to drag it onto the club stand I'm all for it - we'll have the ambulance (LR camper van), Phil's roof tent (LR tent) and your van (LR caravan) - all three modes covered! :lol:

The tunnel might be a bit snug.

Mike

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

If you can be bothered to drag it onto the club stand I'm all for it - we'll have the ambulance (LR camper van), Phil's roof tent (LR tent) and your van (LR caravan) - all three modes covered! :lol:

LR cheapskate / broke

(Underneath the Land Rover)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, miketomcat said:

IMG_20230827_200216.thumb.jpg.c163d8ca24607495dc255b5b2241c554.jpg

We made it to Silverstone, it towed well though it is a bit of a wind break so I might re-visit some aero mods. Sleeping has worked perfectly, even the temporary toilet worked well.

Mike

Looking good, hope you had fun.

I'll keep the "I told you so" to a minimum :D I wonder how easy/hard it'd be to make a fairing that fully closes up the gap between the Ibex and the trailer, would need to be rubber or at least somehow movable for turning.

But yeah, a big wing like some box vans have would probably help a lot:

image.thumb.jpeg.d0f74b12528857be041420d63211824c.jpeg

I've considered it for my trailer as well, it's just such a massive air brake.

Having had the pleasure of following Mike to & from Silverstone I can confirm the iBox appears to go along the road well enough although at present it looks over-sprung as it definitely bounces over the larger potholes etc. - but until it's fully kitted out & weighed there's not much to be done about that.

It got a proper test this weekend, 4 days away in less than brilliant weather, so if it was going to leak I think it would have by now :lol:

• Like 2