Treasure from the scrap man

Stellaghost

1 minute ago, Daan said:

That hex key looks like it would be in the way if You grind something large.

I usually take the hex key out before firing it up :P 

Not sure what you mean Daan? The nut that takes a hex key isn't any thicker than a 'normal' one? Just imagine a normal one with two blind hexagonal holes for an 8mm key rather than the two holes.

1 hour ago, landroversforever said:

I usually take the hex key out before firing it up :P 

Not sure what you mean Daan? The nut that takes a hex key isn't any thicker than a 'normal' one? Just imagine a normal one with two blind hexagonal holes for an 8mm key rather than the two holes.

I think Daan is confused by the custom nut in the OP.

• 8 months later...

You'll get shouted at for using the rope/hook like that and not using a strop. :stirthepot::rtfm::ph34r:

Ignoring the attachment that's exactly how I get the boats in and out of the workshop at work. Though they are significantly heavier (up to 8 ton) but they are on cradles with wheels.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Not from the scrap man but saved from going to the scrap man

Guy I work with said the other night " I've got tools in the van heading to the recycling centre, have a look if there is anything you want take it"

Obviously I had a look.... and took most of it......well I'm sort of a recycling centre.......

9" grinder, soft start

20230906_182156.thumb.jpg.eb32d6998535aea27e743d483e8624c4.jpg

Bosch hedge cutter

20230906_182209.thumb.jpg.01eb23a3a5036503639431e7d6c42da4.jpg

Mitre saw

20230906_182232.thumb.jpg.344763fe2e0762827fc239b8f4d8c17e.jpg

Vice

20230906_182313.thumb.jpg.62f4eea491121103d37e22f73f037ef1.jpg

All in good working order

Regards Stephen 

• Like 3

I was given a laser level at our re-cycling centre last week. The lady carrying it offered it to me when she saw me asking the operative if I could have the petrol leaf blower that she had passed to him. He was carrying it to the metal skip and wouldn't let me have it. She said that they already had two more levels. It's one of these...

image.png.92a330d0e585d9cd6ee4e6b48c72e33b.png

2 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Even if it in the skip

I did climb in the metal skip (it was nearly full) at the recycling centre a few years ago and son-in-law held me by one arm. I pulled a 16" self propelled lawnmower out and wheeled it to the trailer. £6 of gasket and carb spray and it has worked ever since. I'm sure most throw-away petrol engine items are just dirty carbs, gelled-up or water in the fuel. Why do some people just throw away and not offer at the side of the road or on a fb group? I wonder what they think of waste and 'the climate crisis'?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

I did climb in the metal skip (it was nearly full) at the recycling centre a few years ago and son-in-law held me by one arm. I pulled a 16" self propelled lawnmower out and wheeled it to the trailer. £6 of gasket and carb spray and it has worked ever since. I'm sure most throw-away petrol engine items are just dirty carbs, gelled-up or water in the fuel. Why do some people just throw away and not offer at the side of the road or on a fb group? I wonder what they think of waste and 'the climate crisis'?

I got a self propelled Yamaha lawnmower the same way and a Honda petrol air compressor

Regards Stephen

38 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

Bonkers isn't it. The other half was doing a tip run of garden green stuff the other week and came back with a lovely Ikea lamp that someone was just throwing out as they fancied a change :( 

2 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Bonkers isn't it. The other half was doing a tip run of garden green stuff the other week and came back with a lovely Ikea lamp that someone was just throwing out as they fancied a change :( 

It is. On the other hand, I can understand not wanting to bother with selling stuff second hand. Even giving it away for free usually brings out the idiots...

22 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

Hmm, any chance of pinging over some dimensions of them? We need to start renovating the flat so they might come in handy...

Dimensions as follows @Ed Poore

900 x 1300

600 x 2000

600 x 1090 2 off

700 x 2000 with cut out and drainer board to suit Belfast sink

370 x 900 2off

600 x 900

100 x 2800

100 x 1100 3 off

100 x 1900

100 x 1600

100 x 1500

All dimensions in mm

Regards Stephen

1 hour ago, elbekko said:

Even giving it away for free usually brings out the idiots...

Fortunately not my experience around here. We have given loads on a local fb group and it’s great to see stuff move on. We just gave an espresso coffee maker with steamer. Had it years and stopped using it. A local teacher took it to school for the dept office. It will save them buying the coffee pod things.

• Like 1