Treasure from the scrap man

Stellaghost

Just now, Bowie69 said:

Currently sat in a field, supping a beer, looking out over Lundy and Bideford Bay, so the garage has been a long way from my thoughts of late ;)

Apologies for disturbing you sup away and enjoy regards Stephen

Check the load rating on the back of them, they will need to cope with whatever the GVM is of the 110DC.

They may or may not fit over the drive flanges, dependant on the age of the axles, you need the later thinner ones, and not the massive mushrooms of the early axles. You can get round it with spacers, but you may well not want to....

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

A guy at our local re-cycling site had cleared the deck of his pickup and was just moving a Stihl chainsaw along the bed, when he picked it up and was about to chuck it into the non-recyclable opening. I made some comment like, "you aren't throwing that are you" and he said he was and "did I want it?"

I did have it and even had petrol in the tank. It worked first pull and. He said "he'd got a newer one".

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

A guy at our local re-cycling site had cleared the deck of his pickup and was just moving a Stihl chainsaw along the bed, when he picked it up and was about to chuck it into the non-recyclable opening. I made some comment like, "you aren't throwing that are you" and he said he was and "did I want it?"

I did have it and even had petrol in the tank. It worked first pull and. He said "he'd got a newer one".

I just don’t get people like that. Bet that saw is going long after his newer one stops as well. 

• Like 1

The older I get, the more annoying I find it! There’s rebuilding stuff which is hard and only a few can do and there’s repairing which many could do if they try to and make time for it.

Then there’s total laziness, not just about making do and mending but the “can’t be bothered to see if anyone else might want it” attitude. That’s where the local FB groups are at least helping to slow this by offering free ads and people around here at least, are gifting stuff or selling cheaply. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

How is the Sankey project coming along Stephen?

I’ve one here that’s parked up until I can get the V8 finished but after that it’s going to be a full strip and rebuild so I’m on the lookout for threads where people have done similar.