Lidl - £80 Plasma Cutter

=jon=

16 hours ago, bushwhacker said:

No problem I thought the logistics would prove awkward.

They are actually advertised at  £99:99

Screenshot_20200226-160805.jpg

Interestingly that looks like the 40amp version not the 30amp version as it is on a 16amp blue plug

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 4:01 PM, bushwhacker said:

Not sure if anyone is still interested in the plsma cutter. 12 in my local as of 15:00hrs today, but I am in Northern Ireland.

Hi, I just spotted this post and wonder what NI store that was you seen 12 please? I will try to get one tomorrow if not all gone already 

Thanks 

Joe 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/27/2023 at 7:12 PM, landroversforever said:

Those that have them, how are they holding up? Cutting well?

I used mine for a bit and ran out of consumables and can confess to not remembering to order more. I did use it to cut a rotten front outrigger from a 110 which it did a good job of

• Like 1

I have used mine (with the built-in compressor) for my bulkhead outriggers, dumb iirons and rear crossmember.  It's good on those places you can't get to with a grinder, but on some of those parts thick rust can make arcing up problematic and getting through the tips quicker. You will still need a grinder (or I did) to clean up rust, trim back some bits and remove rust. I would say I used the grinder more than the plasma but plasma did make some difficult parts far easier.