Windy where you are?

GBMUD

Yup - our weather station here is reading 62mph atm. Went out to the bank at lunchtime to find my poor little Mini Cooper surrounded by branches, the biggest being about 8ft. Luckily no dents - I parked in the middle of the car park when I returned!! :)

Only had one report of a tree down on the highway so far though... but I'm going home bang on time today just encase it gets any worse... luckily I don't have the emergency phone ;):D

Very windy here in Swindon.

Went out at lunchtime, and while crossing the main road in fromt of my office (Fleming Way) I was very nearly blown off my feet by a gust of wind. Given my size and weight - that takes some doing :blink:

its like the end of the world around here, i've just driven home from Basildon (Essex) to Gravesend (Kent) and avoided all the traffic... but the M25 at Dartford is having one of those days....

closed in both directions at lakeside, bridge closed, closed at toll boths going north.....

glad i'm home now.... :rolleyes:

Been a bit windy here in the hills but nothing special. Had stronger a few weeks back when the side of the barn let go. I guess being north-south we are quite sheltered from the worst this time. Don't think i'll bother with a walk to the top of the ridge tonite. Poor ANC driver said he feared for his life a few times down in the open!

Two For Sale signs ripped off the wall they were screwed down tight( gone) and three fence panels including posts (gone) :o

supposed to start work in 3 minutes but waiting for pickup by works van because no trains running

One of our new timber houses, half way through construction got blown over, courtesy of the scaffolding supposed to be supporting it in Lee On Solent. Ok it was only the ground floor that went but just a tad annoying.

Also a woman at work got rudely awoken at 5am to find the 4oft conifer leaning against the bedroom window. Thankfully the flat roof extension took the brunt of the tree and left her with a 3 foot valley in the flat roof, and some dislodged guttering on the main house. That was in Cadnam on the edge of the New Forest.

Also saw a 6yd skip that had blown off a lorry on the M275 causeway in Portsmouth that landed just in front of a Corsa, think they got very lucky in the car as it seemed to have hit the skip after it landed and they were ok.

Quite windy round here.. (Maybe that was the curry...)

Outside it's nearly as windy, trees down, A10 closed with Lorry hanging over the side of a large bridge etc...

Just over 1hr 45 to cover 30 miles on the way home..... Fences all intact but the side gate not opening now so I'm guessing the fence post has moved somewhat !

Came home to find the window blown right open (it was on the tiny gap setting and locked when I left) the curtains blowing out of the window and the curtain pole wrenched off.

There is a outdoor tub about 100m down the track and round the corner, no proof but I think it is possibly one of mine.

I reckon we've got off lightly as there are probably few houses more exposed than ours in the whole of the UK.

B

Guest diesel_jim

I've just got in from doing some laning across Wilts and on salisbury plain.... 'tis a bit bleedin windy there!

Still, was all cozy in my 90 cab with heater on and a flask.... :ph34r: