Milwaukee M12 heated Jacket

25 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

He definitely wouldn't survive up here lol regards Stephen

Quite...

I managed last winter to refresh the whole undercarriage of my audi, rebuilt gearbox, diff, painted anything that unbolted, all without anything more than a few good layers, and the occasional fan heater for painting parts...

And it was pretty cold this time last year.... :)

I did some training with a guy from Finland.  He used one of the heated jackets so he could train for longer. When we trained with him there was snow on the ground and he was quite snug.

My friend then bought one as we does a lot of training/supervision with others that can involve a lot of standing around in all kinds of weather and he thinks it's great.

The hand warmers are also quite good. They use lighter fuel and can last for hours. Zippo do them but if you want some of these try "Peacock " warmers as they are easier to light. Just stick them in your pockets but put them in their felt holder or they can be quite hot to touch.

Obviously this all depends on what you are doing. Dressing for the weather is always best but these additional warmers can make things easier.  I never enjoy having cold fingers!

A few of the guys at work have the Milwaukee heated jackets - and rave about them!  I agree they should be working harder 😉 - but a lot of the job involves waiting around on freezing, wet locations waiting for the next take.

I have a DeWalt heated jacket (which came free with a load of tools I imported from the US) - but it's a bit too small for me.  Works really well though.

If any of you would like a lightly used 2XL Dewalt Jacket for free - and you're close enough to visit / forum relay - it's yours!

Si

On 1/3/2022 at 8:05 AM, simonr said:

A few of the guys at work have the Milwaukee heated jackets - and rave about them!  I agree they should be working harder 😉 - but a lot of the job involves waiting around on freezing, wet locations waiting for the next take.

I have a DeWalt heated jacket (which came free with a load of tools I imported from the US) - but it's a bit too small for me.  Works really well though.

If any of you would like a lightly used 2XL Dewalt Jacket for free - and you're close enough to visit / forum relay - it's yours!

Si

ooh yes please

2 hours ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Yep well pleased with it but proof will be in the pudding on Monday when i'm out Metal detecting 🙂

Mind someone doesn't take a fancy to a stew!

Sorry not clever but hard to resist.

Not going metal detecting now as weather is carp but did get to Formby beach with the new pup ( Otis ) and the jacket was great it doesn't get you really warm but takes the chill out so better that having a load of layers on and a big coat and still being cold i just had a T- shirt on and the jacket and was just right :)

On 1/2/2022 at 2:07 PM, Bowie69 said:

Quite...

I managed last winter to refresh the whole undercarriage of my audi, rebuilt gearbox, diff, painted anything that unbolted, all without anything more than a few good layers, and the occasional fan heater for painting parts...

And it was pretty cold this time last year.... :)

Haha sorry guys but i'm 60 now and can't take the cold like i used to up to about 5 yrs ago i could still go shopping in just a T shirt on but now no chance got to have a coat on :(

• Like 1

Just now, Cornish Rattler said:

Haha sorry guys but i'm 60 now and can't take the cold like i used to up to about 5 yrs ago i could still go shopping in just a T shirt on but now no chance got to have a coat on :(

Well, seems I have a way to catch up with you, at 46 (had to work that out, keep forgetting).

In other news... with current weather how water proof is it?  😃

44 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Well, seems I have a way to catch up with you, at 46 (had to work that out, keep forgetting).

In other news... with current weather how water proof is it?  😃

Not tried it out in rain yet as it had just stopped raining as we arrived at the beach and used it with i light over jacket since.