Ladoga Trophy 2022 Discovery 2

PandaSpeedShop

42 minutes ago, PandaSpeedShop said:

So the latest developments are very worrying.......

I am going to continue building in a hope that it is all resolved quickly, but the current situation really puts a spanner in the works. 

I really thought that COVID would be the main issue, how very wrong I was.....

I appreciate you were hanging out for this but I would be more concerned on how it will affect all of us in the future never mind the poor souls that are directly suffering from this horrific invasion

For me Ladoga would be the last thing on my mind at the moment regards Stephen

Well.....................

The top of the rnage rear diff is finished !

With Tigging machining, drilling taping painting CNCing and labout these are a 3 day build albeit in "Chuncks" of time, but wow what a diff.

Few videos !

Ultimate pegged casing - tigged now machining required

3 hours ago, PandaSpeedShop said:

I am going to continue, too much invested already to stop. Really hope it all works out very soon and the shooting stops. Hopefully fingers crossed for next year. 

I'll try and join you next year!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Good Morning guys, 

As you are aware I was unable to go to Ladoga this year due to the war/political situation. As a result of this the build has ground to a halt with lots of expensive parts sitting in my garage/living room and the truck looking very sad for itself. 

With the way the Russian media is portraying NATO/rest of Europe I do not think it will be possible or wise to attempt to go next year or even several years after. There is a lot of hate and British number plates will only get you more trouble. 

Are there any events which I could do with my truck in Europe next year? It seems like there is nothing suitable in the UK other than pay and play mud pits or winch challenge events which my disco is not suitable for. I am interested in trophy raids, punch hunts and other events of that sort of style.  Basically is there a Ladoga style event somewhere that isn't a war zone or political nightmare? 

Thanks. 

Another vote for Pomerania, I'd like to go back there (if I ever get Phoenix finished...).

The SLRC weekend at Seven Sisters is a great punch hunt as well. We certainly had good fun there with Mouse (built for Ladoga).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Escape said:

Another vote for Pomerania, I'd like to go back there (if I ever get Phoenix finished...).

The SLRC weekend at Seven Sisters is a great punch hunt as well. We certainly had good fun there with Mouse (built for Ladoga).

June might be a bit tight, but we're back there in September and we go out in the dark then. Just to add it's non competitive but very good for testing/practice.

Mike

Edited by miketomcat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, miketomcat said:

June might be a bit tight, but we're back there in September and we go out in the dark then. Just to add it's non competitive but very good for testing/practice.

Mike

I have to add, that I always go to Pomerania in a "it is non competetive event" fashion as their calculations always seems a bit, erhm sketchy 🙂

BUT nevertheless I have been there 10 times and are goong in the fall (last weekend of september) again as the scenery and event is great fun! 🙂

/mads

• Like 1