Remote oil filter for 200 Tdi

JeffR

No, but on my 300tdi in the series 1 I removed the filter head and made a plate with hose barbs then ran the lines to a V8 remote filter kit.

I must add I haven't run this setup for more than a few seconds, but can't see why it won't work. I have avoided the oil cooler and oil thermostat.

I looked at this a few years ago when I was using my 90 a lot and was going through the oil changes. I did spec up a kit I found on ebay which if I remember it was of Mocal origins, but not specific to 200tdi, I binned the idea in the end as there was a good bit of work it sorting it and I didn't deem the pay-off worth it in the end. I never found anyone that had produced a kit.

On 9/25/2024 at 6:06 PM, vulcan bomber said:

I've thought about making something but concluded it would cost a lot to the end user, I wrap a dog sh!t bag round the filter to keep the mess in. 

Simple solutions are normally the best.

Isn't the filter the same as the V8 one, in which case the plain old Mocal V8 one will work?

Think Automotive sell a range of adapters & heads depending how you want the plumbing, and basic 1/2" BSP fittings & hose from Ye Olde Hydraulics Shoppe join it all up.

I seem to remember, and we all know my memory, that someone makes a drain valve arrangement to replace the engine sump drain plug that avoids 10W30 arm pit deodorant.  Is my memory playing tricks or does such a facility exist?

Mike

I cannot help but thinking we are over thinking the problem; I just undo the filter from the bottom with pliers, then undo by hand from the top to avoid the oil shower.

On 10/1/2024 at 3:13 PM, hurbie said:

you can also punch a hole in it (at the lowest point)  with a center punch, collecting tray under it , and a cup of tea while you wait for the oil to stop dripping.

Thats what I do for years now and it works even without tea 🫣 I love Espresso

I used a selfmade drainvelve as well, but didn´t like that I had to screw on another part, to open it. Bad on journeys, when the part is at home.

Edited by Sigi_H
  • Like 1